Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
!!HEY!! Follow these INSTRUCTIONS! or ELSE!!!
Alright hello I am sad you got yourself banned so let's work out what to do now. The information we need to know:

Who banned you?: (Put this in the thread's title too. If you don't know put Unknown)
Byond Key: (Without this, we cannot act on the ban).
Date of Ban: (A guess is okay if it was a while back or you don't remember exactly).
Specified Reason for Ban: (You should be able to connect and copy and paste this reason. If connecting to the server doesn't display a reason let us know).
Ban Length: (If this is 24 hours or less then it better be some seriously bad moderation by our staff or bad things are coming. I did ask nicely).
What led to the ban? (Give us as much detail as you can, including being completely honest about what happened and why you did whatever got you banned. We have full logs of every action and word spoken in every round, so don't try and hide things or it will only end up with even worse things).
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: (This is where you convince us that lifting your ban is a good idea.)
Evasion Attempts: (If applicable. Don't pretend they didn't happen, we know about them.)

Copy the above template, paste it into your thread and put the admin's name somewhere in your thread title. Edit in the information to each section and please, for fucks sake, don't try to bullshit us. We've heard it all a million times and we're tired, ok? We're very tired.

First of all, if you have been permabanned but have not yet waited a month, please wait said month before the appeal. We don't tend to permaban lightly nowadays, so if you've been punted forever it's probably for a reason. Please do not appeal bans that are 24 hours or shorter. Go outside or something. The only exception to this is if your ban reason specifically tells you to come here and appeal.

Secondly, ensure you put the banning admin's name in the thread title. If you don't know who banned you put Unknown or I Don't Know or for fuck's sake. It's not hard, use your words.

09/12/12 - FROM THIS POINT ON IF YOU DON'T PUT THE ADMIN NAME (or UNKNOWN if it is genuinely not appearing or known in the case of a jobban) IN YOUR THREAD TITLE, IT WILL BE REMOVED.

Monkeys Edit:
Ughhh why would you not do this, it takes like 30 seconds to check who banned you and you'll get a much faster response!

Singh Edit:
Hey cool its 9/12/13 and people STILL. DO. NOT. GET. IT.

PUT THE ADMIN'S NAME (OR UNKNOWN) IN THE THREAD TITLE
or we will ignore you. or worse. how do you people even dress yourselves in the morning.

Edit:
We are aware of how it will sometimes just say connection closed without telling you the admin. If you really can't remember who banned you then just put unknown. Someone will look it up.
BEFORE YOU WRITE YOUR APPEAL - Think carefully about what you are going to write!

This isn't as simple as post thread -> get unbanned. You are writing an appeal. You are appealing to the admin staff's sense of fair play. If your appeal boils down to 'I'm sorry I got caught' or 'I didn't realize you have an arbitrary rule against something I think is perfectly fine', your appeal isn't going to go as well as an appeal that boils down to 'I thought about the rules, I think I understand now why you guys think they are so important, now that I understand the rule, I won't break it again'. Be polite, be thoughtful, and keep in mind that you broke rules which are in place for a reason. If you are having trouble understanding the reasoning behind a rule, feel free to drop by IRC and ask around.
Wonkmin Wrote:First of all, if you have been permabanned but have not yet waited a month, please wait said month before the appeal. We don't tend to permaban lightly nowadays, so if you've been punted forever it's probably for a reason. Please do not appeal bans that are 24 hours or shorter. Go outside or something. The only exception to this is if your ban reason specifically tells you to come here and appeal.

This is now going to be enforced more strongly. If you received the ban for logging off while an admin was trying to contact you, you do not have to wait this time out. Otherwise perma = wait a month.
The appeal template has been updated as of June 27th to include a field for Evasion Attempts.

You need to include this field if you have tried to evade.  We know if you have.  Don't lie about it, that will make your appeal pointless.
Rewrote and shuffled the post because holy shit it's 2015 and nobody's touched this in years except for adding bits.