Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
is lljk dead
I mean as long as you don't give a deadline to when you think something will be done there is no promise made. Giving updates on projects is good. I don't get why keeping the players in the dark has been the norm for years. I rather hear updates even if said updates are about setbacks. It's better then hearing nothing at all.
(05-05-2017, 04:45 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 11:27 AM)Sov Wrote: Something as simple as a "this is what were working on" post or a more detailed development roadmap goes a long way to allowing the players to feel more involved and forming an actual community that keeps people coming back while generating anticipation of cool new things.

see, the problem with that is that it's making promises, and promises can't always be kept because SOMETHING will pop up and delay it and people will get excited and heartbroken over nothing

But you see, we *like* you guys, we'll still love you even if you tell us that the thing you've been donating your time to isn't gonna happen.
I played on FTL13 once. And I loved it. Expect to see me a little less on LLJK1.

FTL13 highlighted some of the flaws of LLJK1, mainly being the fact that PvP is far more boring and less RP-able then PvE. In PvP you can still RP, yes, but you can't trust anyone, and there's never a clearly defined threat always looming. In PvE you can trust everyone you meet that is still a crewmember, and you always know when the ship enters combat, and there's always something to do.

Of course, the fact the FTL13 has a very unique spin on SS13 and applies it amazingly certainly helps. I've seen a few LLJK1 regulars on FTL13 and they were loving it. Burrito is even the wiki curator now.

Maybe LLJK1 needs a total rework? Something unique to give it more reason for others to play. The FTL style of stuff is a very good idea but may be hard to implement, and I can't really think of anything else that'd be a good fundamental game mechanic other than reworking antagonists or having storylines.
I'm gonna do the obligatory

Bring back poo
(05-06-2017, 06:19 AM)Hokie Wrote: I'm gonna do the obligatory

Bring back poo

bring back the chaos that made this station fucking great instead of it being legitimately a slog
this isn't the admin's fault whatsoever
but dude, you cannot convince me people haven't left because of stamina. It's too fucking robotic now.
Remove it for like....a week. Reintroduce heavy admin fuckery. Make goon volatile again.
We are the nerds now instead of the face punching robust server. For fuck's sake I legitimately have more fun on Yog now because the pace of play is a lot superior (and literally just that)
Bring back something LIKE rev that gets the entire station involved as antags or not, a force of good vs evil
Reconstructing! Who cares! Give regular players the opportunity to participate in chaos more often through some kind of mode where you can recruit players (MAYBE EVEN GANG WHO CARES)
The thing that people enjoyed the most in SS13 was absolutely the volatility of every single round, and Goon's lacked that volatility where "anything can happen" for about a year. The fact we couldn't pop out glorious cog2 is a fucking shame. If we don't make a concerted effort to get back to our shitty roots, Goon and this community will die-and this community had lasted me through about three girlfriends, one stint of college, two startups, my net worth beig six figures and nearly homeless, two dogs, and multiple stints of depression.
George Melons did not die for this.
A far off memory of mine is being tempmin and using the critter creator.

Only the Critter Creator.

I caused so much chaos
(i want to do it again but that will never happen sob sob)
I'd be onboard for more volatility in every round.

I'd also appreciate more things to do after dying so that said volatility doesn't get old.
having rev in would be nice rev rounds usually are chaotic and quick and the reason of people hiding and making things be slow and not fun can be fixed with a small thing called a really big bomb or just making things like hiding in a closet or not being on station z level counting the head/headrev as dead.

stamina i dont like it its just a way for people to get lucky i win strikes on other people and i dont mind insta-kills if it replaces the slow and painful death of being inconsious from stamine being fucked.

chaos is what i liked in goon when i joined because there was some back then but now everything is predictable and stale antag roles like nuke op and rev make things chaotic and fun because you have something to do of either stopping the oncoming horde of mindless assistants or being a part of it either way the rounds are short, chaotic and fun.
If there's ever going to be a mass-chaos mode then it makes sense to have one half of the station versus the other half. No sense in under utilizing the pop if it's chaos you want.
Yeah bring back the Chaos. I find it hard to play just one round a day cause nothing fucking happens. Compared to just three years ago I used to play rounds back to back cause you never knew what would happen. Now you got a pretty good idea of what to expect and it's all so god damn boring now. I'm not burned out either. I hardly play anymore cause every round I play is always the same. Same old gamemodes, Same old rampages and same old nothing happening. It's like clockwork.

More Admin rounds would be great (We had a murder mystery one last night it was pretty fun) and also having it be more of a chance of mixed mode happening without admins turning it on would be a dream of mine come true. Mixed is my favorite mode and the best mode for chaos. But I can't even remember the last time I saw the mode, its pretty underused if you ask me.

Gang is an amazing game mode and it's a shame that we don't get to play it anymore. All these great game modes that are done and work and we just hardly get to play them because of "reasons". It's a god damn shame.
wait people actually enjoy when things are awful?

me spawning erebite ghosts and also something that shoots 1000 arrows is not badmin?

shit who knew
(05-06-2017, 11:25 AM)Darkchis Wrote: wait people actually enjoy when things are awful?

me spawning erebite ghosts and also something that shoots 1000 arrows is not badmin?

shit who knew

Both of those sound absolutely hilarious and highly entertaining.
(05-06-2017, 11:25 AM)Darkchis Wrote: wait people actually enjoy when things are awful?

shit who knew

I've been a erebite ghost before and it was one of the funniest things I've been apart of.
Badmin has an ebb and flow to it.

Like, conceptually, the shift with Badmin has been that the game has an organized an expected structure now. This means that badmin detracts from a guarantee of events, which in turn is why people don't like it, even though badmin provides variety to samey rounds.

This ironically means that the more chaotic and less organized rounds are, the more badmin is tolerated, because people didn't know what was going to happen anyway.
BRING BACK BADMINNERY