Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(04-23-2017, 09:27 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: do what a couple other servers do with emotes. using me and then a thing just does "Nathan Dunkleman a thing"

but using say *athing does the emote if its already a thing, so like say *fart would still fart, but emote fart would just do Nathan Dunkleman fart.

For custom emotes, basically, cause right now our custom emote system is a butt

edit: also make the cloner not give health implants to corpses

literally

me customv farts loudly!
shows "Shitty Bill Jr. farts loudly!"
(04-24-2017, 01:07 AM)zewaka Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 09:27 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: do what a couple other servers do with emotes. using me and then a thing just does "Nathan Dunkleman a thing"

but using say *athing does the emote if its already a thing, so like say *fart would still fart, but emote fart would just do Nathan Dunkleman fart.

literally

me customv farts loudly!

you can just type customv are you serious. stilllllllll it'd be easier? idk
(04-22-2017, 03:42 PM)Superlagg Wrote: A laser pointer. You point it at something and it puts a red dot on it. The dot gets shakier the further away from you it is. Makes a brief trail when you aim it somewhere else. Attracts cats and critters and monkeys the dot. Can be used to trick monkeys into attacking things. Can cause eye damage if shone in someone's face. Illegal to shine at space by order of space FAA.

Can be upgraded with lenses and batteries to change the color and brightness, as well as make them heat things from across the room. Telecrystal lenses would send the beam somewhere else, and some other crystal would let it cool things at a distance.

Phaser/antique laser gun mode: Beam. Shoots a instantaneous beam at the cost of reducing the damage output.
(04-24-2017, 02:20 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 01:07 AM)zewaka Wrote:

literally

me customv farts loudly!

you can just type customv are you serious. stilllllllll it'd be easier? idk

Just type *me followed by whatever emote and this will do exactly what you're requesting. You don't have to type customv

Example
say "*me stares into the distance contemplating his existence.
Stan Beezlebub stares into the distance contemplating his existence.

You can hotkey some emotes currently but theres also a big list of emotes available ingame if you typ *listbasic I believe.
musculature enhancement should let you pull things faster

hulk should let you pick up crates and lockers and use them like boxes while theyre inhand
(04-24-2017, 02:06 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: musculature enhancement should let you pull things faster

this is already a thing
ive never tried *me cause i always just use me cause its faster. and if you use me custom it has this pop up and its annoying. but i guess now i know
I wish I could buy reduced fart cooldowns from Wire for one hundred buckaroos.
No fart cooldown only 999.99$ buy it today.
(04-24-2017, 04:28 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: No fart cooldown only  999.99$ buy it today.

I don't have the dosh for that, but I could probably buy the .2 second cooldown for $100.
(04-24-2017, 02:06 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: musculature enhancement should let you pull things faster

hulk should let you pick up crates and lockers and use them like boxes while theyre inhand

I suppose more questionable is "Hulk should be able to knock down people by throwing crates at them"

I mean seeing a hulk carry a crate around should be a pretty obvious reason to move out of the way.
Add at least 1 borg recharging station to the emergency shuttle, mostly to stop borgs being flung around and stunned for like 20 years when the shuttle leaves, especially if it's just a ling and a borg on the shuttle or something

edit: also make ai immune to being flung around like that, if anything they'd just like slide a tile. also being screwed down still doesnt stop the ai flying around
Gamemode idea: Territory paint. A random number of people are given a bunch of random color paint cans. Their goal is to paint as much of the station as they can of their color. No need to refill.
Have a trello/newsletter/something that would tell players what developers may be working on or looking into. Maybe that would create too many expectations but it might give goonstation some extra attention when something especially cool comes up.
(04-27-2017, 08:17 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Gamemode idea: Territory paint. A random number of people are given a bunch of random color paint cans. Their goal is to paint as much of the station as they can of their color. No need to refill.
Yes! Certainly needs a punnier name but I'm half asleep so later. The station will fall to my pink paint. Painting another player should count as two tiles or something.