Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change Armory Alert Sound/PDA Message Sec
See title.

Currently the alarm sound for the armory is an EXTREMELY underwhelming beeping noise. This is the same beeping noise for the AI chamber. This works for the AI chamber because the AI core is situated in the AI Chamber, meaning the "Be-wooop" noise will alert the AI to cancel camera view and check who the fuck is trying to enter the core.
Security do not get this luxury. The "Be-wooop" noise goes COMPLETELY unnoticed half the time. It's like, why even bother having an IR beam there, to me it just seems like a unfinished idea. You can literally hack into the armory through the back entrance and 9/10 nobody will notice. So this is what I suggest:

1. Change the alarm sound to something unique and more, gee I dunno, alarming? Something like a klaxon but not really. I'd submit something noise wise, but I can't currently in work.

2. Have a button beside the door of the armory which when swiped with a HoS ID, turns the alarm off for X amount of time. It doesn't make much sense that the HoS sets off the alarm to an area that's under his remit.

3. PDA message security when the alarm goes off. Probably overkill, a change in sound is probably just as effective.
seems sensible
Love the idea and love #3. Number Three would be overkill for anyone trying to be sneaky and steal from the armory but since hardly anyone plays Security these days I don't see that as a issue.
I've been able to use that alarm to know someone is breaking in plenty of times, Rite Kiel actually managed to use it twice yesterday to notice a break in. I'm fine with the sound changing to be more distinct, but I don't think it needs to be made much louder. One thing I think could be added is some sort of flashing "Armory accessed" light in security, so that when an officer does get back to security they can tell if someone broke in while sec was empty. Those red "emergency" lights around the station should work perfectly for this. Any officer (or whoever nicked their ID) could of course swipe their ID on a panel to deactivate the light.

As for PDAing security, I think it might be overkill. I like the armory being secure, but antags should definitely be able to break in with effort. A PDA message really reduces the time that they have to muck about in there - the officers will likely swarm before you get to complete your dastardly plans.

And speaking of that "break in with effort" can we make the armory walls be RCD/Thermite-proof? While antags should absolutely be able to get in, it shouldn't happen in 1-2 seconds.
What's the worst thing in the armory these days? I don't even know.
(03-23-2017, 01:38 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: What's the worst thing in the armory these days? I don't even know.

Flamethrower, Pod Weapons and lethal grenades. Everything else in there is pretty weak compared to the standard Taser. I hardly use anything in the armory when I am a HoS.
(03-23-2017, 09:33 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: I've been able to use that alarm to know someone is breaking in plenty of times, Rite Kiel actually managed to use it twice yesterday to notice a break in. I'm fine with the sound changing to be more distinct, but I don't think it needs to be made much louder. One thing I think could be added is some sort of flashing "Armory accessed" light in security, so that when an officer does get back to security they can tell if someone broke in while sec was empty. Those red "emergency" lights around the station should work perfectly for this.  Any officer (or whoever nicked their ID) could of course swipe their ID on a panel to deactivate the light.

As for PDAing security, I think it might be overkill. I like the armory being secure, but antags should definitely be able to break in with effort. A PDA message really reduces the time that they have to muck about in there - the officers will likely swarm before you get to complete your dastardly plans.

And speaking of that "break in with effort" can we make the armory walls be RCD/Thermite-proof? While antags should absolutely be able to get in, it shouldn't happen in 1-2 seconds.

I did hear the beep-woop, but I was only next to the sec lockers grabbing my gear, making it louder or more noticeable would certainly be a good idea.
The alarm should play repeatedly and incessantly like a car alarm until on officer turns it off.
(03-23-2017, 01:38 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: What's the worst thing in the armory these days? I don't even know.

You can hack the vending machine to get lethal shotgun shells. You can also load 12ga flares into shotguns.

tranqs. flamethrowers are pretty bad but nothing compared to a tranq or two, and a fire extinguisher. theres like 12 bullets in there i think for the tranq. i know at some point as traitor cap i got about 18 darts in one tranq rifle cause theres no clip limit.
(03-23-2017, 11:22 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:

tranqs. flamethrowers are pretty bad but nothing compared to a tranq or two, and a fire extinguisher. theres like 12 bullets in there i think for the tranq. i knoww at some point as traitor cap i got about 18 darts in one tranq rifle cause theres no clip limit.

There is an ammo limit of 30 cartridges, but that's so high people almost never reach it.
If they change the armoury alert noise without removing/fixing the super fucking annoying disposal alert, i'll be salty.
(03-25-2017, 03:29 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: If they change the armoury alert noise without removing/fixing the super fucking annoying disposal alert, i'll be salty.

elaborate at least
(03-25-2017, 02:11 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(03-25-2017, 03:29 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: If they change the armoury alert noise without removing/fixing the super fucking annoying disposal alert, i'll be salty.

elaborate at least

Actually ive noticed this too. I'm not sure what causes it but you get PDA messages saying something along the lines of "Brig/parole delivery chute activated" even though nothing is actually going through the pipes. I've never been able to reproduce it or figure out why it happens, but if you play a few rounds as sec you'll see it.
It's Stuff coming out of disposals, Everytime someone flushes something you get a notice when It leaves, Contradictory you don't get one when a Criminal is let out Viva pipes.