Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
(09-17-2016, 06:53 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Give the goofy writing combo to all borgs so every shitcan borg can graffiti the station

Also the fact heavy borgs are so slow that oil + speed upgrade only makes them decently speeded and eats their power constantly kinda sucks
I'll go ahead and add the magic pen thing to all borg modules.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I can't do anything about the speed since I don't have any access to the new movement code. Heavy borgs definitely seem much slower now than they did before the update, so I'm not sure what the actual issue is.

(09-17-2016, 06:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Please make sure medborgs can click drag things like cyberhearts for surgery as well. If possible, please make at least one borg module able to make other borgs via click-dragging, for when all the roboticists are dead or stupid. Thanks for the amazing work Noah
(09-18-2016, 05:54 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 06:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Please make sure medborgs can click drag things like cyberhearts for surgery as well. If possible, please make at least one borg module able to make other borgs via click-dragging, for when all the roboticists are dead or stupid. Thanks for the amazing work Noah

this please

for the love of god give borgs more autonomy
(09-18-2016, 07:11 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 06:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: ... If possible, please make at least one borg module able to make other borgs via click-dragging, for when all the roboticists are dead or stupid. ...

Do you want the AI to go on borging rampages? Because that's how you get the AI to go on borging rampages.
(09-18-2016, 07:37 AM)misto Wrote: when cloning is a hole into space and robotics is an airless mess, but theres plenty of bodies with brains left around, we all know theyre left to pile up and rot when it could go differently. people want second chances to get back into the game so bad that a whole new class of ghost drone was invented for them. yet we dont want to put two and two together

Okay, so I'm gonna have to answer firmly in the negative regarding borg organ transplants and borgs being able to make other borgs.

Not for any balance reasons mind you, simply because I feel as though it'd be a pain in the ass to code. Plus, I really just want to finish this damn project.
I, too, want to see this project finished
The rest of the QoL things can be other patches in the future to be debated over whether they're worthwhile to add
How is this going anyhow?? ;o
(09-19-2016, 03:19 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: How is this going anyhow?? ;o
I'm just waiting to find time to begin compiler debugging
Sweet baby jesus that is a fuckton of compiler errors.
<:Vc

Have fun with all that, I suppose
(09-23-2016, 05:47 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Sweet baby jesus that is a fuckton of compiler errors.

well yeah that's what you get if you code like that :S
Test and check AS you code, not at the end of a giant project
(09-23-2016, 09:20 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 05:47 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Sweet baby jesus that is a fuckton of compiler errors.

well yeah that's what you get if you code like that :S

(09-23-2016, 09:37 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Test and check AS you code, not at the end of a giant project

Pain and suffering is the quickest way to learn.
I suppose I applaud your dedication, if not necessarily your methods.

Keep us posted, Noah. You're doing important work, even if you have to fight BYOND every step of the way. o7

EDIT: How many compiler errors did you get/do you have now, numerically?
Like 300 now.
(09-24-2016, 06:16 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Like 300 now.

Well then

I recommend the spicy food but be careful it's hot as HELL!!!
wouldnt borgs be able to do organ transplants well enough if given magtractors like our new friends the ghost drones have

or would they become evil, and use their magtractors to pick up... GUN
Good news: I have cut the number of errors in half.

The bad news: There's still another half to go.
150 is less than 300
You're on your way bubberino