Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
"Robot crafting related fixtures", he said earlier
Care to elaborate Noah
(09-14-2016, 05:55 PM)zewaka Wrote: Wait, why would you be changing the map for this?

(09-14-2016, 06:06 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: "Robot crafting related fixtures", he said earlier
Care to elaborate Noah

Installing robo-workbenches, where cyborg parts can be built along with other things.
(09-14-2016, 09:21 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Installing robo-workbenches, where cyborg parts can be built along with other things.

Okay yeah never submit map changes like that. I'll just avoid merging the thing because it's too much work.
Just tell me to place whatever you need placed and I'll place it.
(09-14-2016, 11:28 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 09:21 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Installing robo-workbenches, where cyborg parts can be built along with other things.

Okay yeah never submit map changes like that. I'll just avoid merging the thing because it's too much work.

In that case, I can just mark the spots with an x.

Now that I think about it though, would it be better just to have the parts crafted at a normal work bench?
(09-15-2016, 09:19 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 11:28 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 09:21 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Installing robo-workbenches, where cyborg parts can be built along with other things.

In that case, I can just mark the spots with an x.

Now that I think about it though, would it be better just to have the parts crafted at a normal work bench?

Maybe? I'm not sure. It would get more people's attention, I suppose, as to the fact that there were changes. Just add a workbench to the Roboticist's place, maybe, possibly a material processor?

After all, he already gets butts to make stuff with.
i think it would be best to add it to regular workbench functions if possible and just put extra workbenches around in areas relevant to robotics activities such as robotics, the nw and ne rooms with spare borg docking stations, d.o.c.'s room
Adding it to regular workbenches also means more assistant hobo-cyborgs. Think about it: cyborg parts, wire, cell, brain. . .

You don't need a roboticist or his area at all if you can get THE PARTS. Yeah. My vote is add the cyborg parts to workbenches.

EDIT: That also means slapdash surgery with shitty pizza limbs/mauxite ones, and also people wearing borg heads as hats
is this where i should complain and suggest new things about borg upgrades too

the mediborg's medical hud upgrade is pretty worthless since it drains so much power and doesn't do much. it'd be a lot better if say you could turn it on and examine people and get a health scanner readout instead
I'd recommend adding pens (configurable, of course) to most borgs, and a paper dispenser to, I suppose, the Civborg (if you're keeping a similar set of modules to the post on Page 1). Maybe just give the Civborg the pen, rather than all of them?
(09-15-2016, 10:26 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Adding it to regular workbenches also means more assistant hobo-cyborgs. Think about it: cyborg parts, wire, cell, brain. . .

You don't need a roboticist or his area at all if you can get THE PARTS. Yeah. My vote is add the cyborg parts to workbenches.

EDIT: That also means slapdash surgery with shitty pizza limbs/mauxite ones, and also people wearing borg heads as hats

Will add it to regular workbench functionality.

(09-17-2016, 01:56 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: is this where i should complain and suggest new things about borg upgrades too

the mediborg's medical hud upgrade is pretty worthless since it drains so much power and doesn't do much. it'd be a lot better if say you could turn it on and examine people and get a health scanner readout instead

I thought it only drained like 1 extra power per second.

I dunno, maybe I'll do something about it.

(09-17-2016, 02:39 PM)Mordent Wrote: I'd recommend adding pens (configurable, of course) to most borgs, and a paper dispenser to, I suppose, the Civborg (if you're keeping a similar set of modules to the post on Page 1). Maybe just give the Civborg the pen, rather than all of them?

Pen - Maybe. I already went through the massive effort of making the magic pen/crayon/marker headache for the brobot. If I do anything, I'm just gonna give that to all borgs.

Paper dispenser - NOPE. Don't ask why.
Give the goofy writing combo to all borgs so every shitcan borg can graffiti the station

Also the fact heavy borgs are so slow that oil + speed upgrade only makes them decently speeded and eats their power constantly kinda sucks
Please make sure medborgs can click drag things like cyberhearts for surgery as well. If possible, please make at least one borg module able to make other borgs via click-dragging, for when all the roboticists are dead or stupid. Thanks for the amazing work Noah
(09-17-2016, 06:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Please make sure medborgs can click drag things like cyberhearts for surgery as well. If possible, please make at least one borg module able to make other borgs via click-dragging, for when all the roboticists are dead or stupid. Thanks for the amazing work Noah

this please

for the love of god give borgs more autonomy
(09-17-2016, 06:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: ... If possible, please make at least one borg module able to make other borgs via click-dragging, for when all the roboticists are dead or stupid. ...

Do you want the AI to go on borging rampages? Because that's how you get the AI to go on borging rampages.
when cloning is a hole into space and robotics is an airless mess, but theres plenty of bodies with brains left around, we all know theyre left to pile up and rot when it could go differently. people want second chances to get back into the game so bad that a whole new class of ghost drone was invented for them. yet we dont want to put two and two together