Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cyborgs/AI speak in monospace font
It'd make them stand out a little more. They don't get the customisations via mutations that meatbags do.

Alternatively, give them a verb that lets them toggle it.
(08-21-2016, 10:40 AM)Mordent Wrote: It'd make them stand out a little more. They don't get the customisations via mutations that meatbags do.

Alternatively, give them a verb that lets them toggle it.

I like this idea too, it's one of the small things that stood out during my brief stint on /tg/
D O.

I T.
Honestly they could do with most of the currently available speech-stylings. It's all synthetic anyways. I don't really see it getting annoying either. Along with monospace that is.
That actually seems like a great way to lend some extra personality to borgs. It's not against their laws to be Swedish, now is it???

Tommeibot when
(08-21-2016, 05:12 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: That actually seems like a great way to lend some extra personality to borgs. It's not against their laws to be Swedish, now is it???

Tommeibot when

I don't know about you, but i for one want to see Swedish FuLPaSM
Yes, please. I try to make myself stand out as AI or Borg among the chat by talking in ALL CAPS FOR SYNTHETIC VOICE EFFECT, but I understand that it can get annoying or be seen as aggressive/obnoxious. This is a lovely alternative that I would very much enjoy.
No, then nobody can pretend to be the ai
Make it a toggleable option, then.

In any case, unless you're a cyborg, who would presumably also have the monospace font, the 'states/says' that precedes your sentence is a dead giveaway to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention. Which, granted, accounts for 10% of the station population.
(08-23-2016, 05:57 AM)Roomba Wrote: Make it a toggleable option, then.

In any case, unless you're a cyborg, who would presumably also have the monospace font, the 'states/says' that precedes your sentence is a dead giveaway to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention. Which, granted, accounts for 10% of the station population.

I always pay attention to the chat.

Always.
(08-23-2016, 06:45 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 05:57 AM)Roomba Wrote: Make it a toggleable option, then.

I always pay attention to the chat.

Always.

Same pretty much
No toggle, force monospace unless the borg has a sound synthesizer on board.
(08-26-2016, 03:13 AM)Souricelle Wrote: No toggle, force monospace unless the borg has a sound synthesizer on board.

This is totally unrelated, but I don't think I've ever seen you before.

Hi, I guess.
Sound synths should let the Borg talk with any accent on command. It would be pretty cool if all borgs had an option to see the untranslated accented stuff, maybe as an upgrade. Can't tell what the chef is saying? Get a Borg to act as translator.
(08-26-2016, 01:23 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Sound synths should let the Borg talk with any accent on command. It would be pretty cool if all borgs had an option to see the untranslated accented stuff, maybe as an upgrade. Can't tell what the chef is saying? Get a Borg to act as translator.

All of my yes.