Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MAP] AI Upload and Chamber Update
This is just a more official patch submission from this thread about making it harder to break into the AI's chamber and upload, found here.

Here's picture of the changes:
[Image: jjdKHU3.png]

Changes:
  • Separated the AI upload and chamber from the station, and can now be accessed through an airbridge between the two.
  • The routing areas north of the station have had to be moved further north, but they still function perfectly fine.
  • Re-added the AI foyar area.
  • Two more turrets have been added to the upload, and the upload itself has been slightly expanded. The robotics control console and AI upload has been moved into the center of the room, along with some of the more dastardly law boards.
  • The AI chamber has been expanded, recessing the consoles into the walls and removing the windows. The windows are now around the outside of the AI upload and chamber, and act as a better line of defense, as they alert the AI that someone is breaking into the general area before it's too late.
  • The grilles surrounding the AI upload and chamber now have knotted wire running under them to dissuade any assistants from running around inside the walls.

Issues Still Present:
  • Wizard and vampires can still phase shift onto the AI and murder it without any difficulty.

Here's the download link, like usual it's only the areas that were changed, and can easily be copied and pasted.
I like this. The upload layout looks like it would alleviate troubles with the general awfulness of the AI's turrets in that room.
I also like that the APC's are no longer in easily accessible areas that the AI's turrets can never hope to shoot. That was a weird layout decision.

However nothing short of preventing phase shift from dumping you on top of the AI will stop someone with phase shift from murdering the AI

Unless you treat the walls around the core as impassable by phase shift, like they're permanently doused in holy water, but that'd be really, really dumb!
(08-17-2016, 06:17 PM)Grifflez Wrote: I like this. The upload layout looks like it would alleviate troubles with the general awfulness of the AI's turrets in that room.
I also like that the APC's are no longer in easily accessible areas that the AI's turrets can never hope to shoot. That was a weird layout decision.

However nothing short of preventing phase shift from dumping you on top of the AI will stop someone with phase shift from murdering the AI

Unless you treat the walls around the core as impassable by phase shift, like they're permanently doused in holy water, but that'd be really, really dumb!

why NOT holy water windows
nanotrasen has a confirmed antagonism with the space wizards you'd think they'd take any kind of precaution whatsoever to prevent this dumb shit from happening
Time to turn the AI core into the chapel! A Pope culture icon.
Make sure to test that the belt hell adjustments actually work; same goes for the chapel-mass driver. I've heard that they can be finicky in terms of adjusting.
the belt hell bits offscreen to the left of the pic will also need to be moved north so the crates being exchanged between then arent flung off into deep space/into the side of the new ai chamber
A little more security for the AI would be neat, if you're sure belt hell still works!
I do test this stuff frown

Yes, belt hell all works.
Just noticing a few elements are no longer on the walls: the intercom and light switches.

The cameras look oddly placed as well...
(08-19-2016, 07:51 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Just noticing a few elements are no longer on the walls: the intercom and light switches.

The cameras look oddly placed as well...

That's simply because it was taken in dream-maker view, not how you see it in-game.
there should be a camera in the "lobby" room so ai can see that zone clearly
This is important. I just finished a round where the ling killswitched the AI and destroyed the console so nobody could undo it.
Yes PLEASE implement this.
maybe tuck away an extra reset card in the armory too.

please push this change thru soon, the sound of any commotion going on in/near the upload is everyone's cue to rush in and get their grubby hands on as many modules as they can, no matter if the turrets are blazing away or not
see: the round where a guy fucked with the ai and hid/destroyed every module as a non-antag just to cause people annoyance