Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to Security Officer 202?
I'm still having some problems with the new SecHud. Could somebody explain each of the icons?
Are there any beyond 'c' and '!!'?
!! means they're set to arrest.
C means they're carrying Contraband openly without a permit - if Beepsky or Harner would arrest them on sight, they have a C.
The rest of the security statuses have letter icons too. P for paroled, etc.
Work with a partner! Words cannot express how much more effective this makes both of you. I was able to stop a bowling-ball equipped traitor who had subverted the AI and borgs simply because he was distracted dealing with the other officer. You don't have to stick together constantly, but it helps when making arrests or fighting traitors. At the very least, it increases the chance someone will care enough to drag your robusted body to the cloner.

Also, your taser makes a great weapon against borgs, albeit one that is very lethal. Aim for the chest to easily disable a Borg in a way that will hopefully leave it's head intact.
(08-18-2016, 03:05 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Work with a partner! Words cannot express how much more effective this makes both of you. I was able to stop a bowling-ball equipped traitor who had subverted the AI and borgs simply because he was distracted dealing with the other officer. You don't have to stick together constantly, but it helps when making arrests or fighting traitors. At the very least, it increases the chance someone will care enough to drag your robusted body to the cloner.

Also, your taser makes a great weapon against borgs, albeit one that is very lethal. Aim for the chest to easily disable a Borg in a way that will hopefully leave it's head intact.

i wish i'd known that tasers were lethal to borgs BEFORE i went at you with a scalpel and a circular saw
(08-18-2016, 04:12 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 03:05 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Work with a partner! Words cannot express how much more effective this makes both of you. I was able to stop a bowling-ball equipped traitor who had subverted the AI and borgs simply because he was distracted dealing with the other officer. You don't have to stick together constantly, but it helps when making arrests or fighting traitors. At the very least, it increases the chance someone will care enough to drag your robusted body to the cloner.

i wish i'd known that tasers were lethal to borgs BEFORE i went at you with a scalpel and a circular saw

They shouldn't be lethal to borgs in the slightest.

That's a bug, I do believe.
I thought that was intended, since borgs are already pretty damn tough and can be hard to take down.
Tasers used to just stun borgs. No idea why it was changed.
Anyone got a special Miranda they like to use?
I am working on one, but it's not ready for publication.
I wish there were a hotkey for reciting miranda rights.

It's too inconvenient to do it manually in the line of duty.
All done. Unfortunately, the Miranda rights input window doesn't allow the use of next-line markers, so the whole thing needs to be one big block of text.
Right, let us review:

You have the right to remain silent, and I suggest YOU USE IT! You do NOT have the right to a fair trail or an Attorney. The beatings will continue until your bitching stops, regardless of of your state of health or innocence. The Crimes and the punishments that go with them are: Vandalism : Tasing and Humiliating labels. Berating Security Officers : Tasing. Berating Security Officers under duress : Tasing, with possible Beating. Complaining about being perma-brigged : unspecified amount (but not unlimited) of Brig-time Possession of Contraband items such as drugs or equipment above your station : Tasing and possible confiscation of items. Possession of Malicious items, like Flashes, rare equipment or low-key traitor items : confiscation & Brig-time up to 5 minutes. Possession of Dangerous items, including Taser guns, sublethal ammo, traitor items, superpowers without a licence : Beating, Brig-time, possible spacing. Possession of Lethal items, including Bombs, Laser- Phaser- or standard guns, dangerious chems or any Chems I don't know : Naked Spacing. Assault on an Officer : DEATH! Resisting arrest : DEATH! Threats of banning will be admin-helped, as per stipulation of rule 9. Not knowing what that means is a violation of rule 0 and may result in a ban. Have fun and welcome to our station.
Wow, that's incredibly terrible.
I feel like that straddles a line between "corrupt cop", "intentionally dumb", and "meta grief" that combines the worst of all of them.
Good god, that is incredibly shitty.

I sincerely hope that was a joke.
Well, good thing I checked this before running with it (and the spirit to go with it).

(08-21-2016, 01:36 AM)Grek Wrote: stuff
(08-21-2016, 07:26 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: stuff

Considering your responses on this and other threads, I am rather surprised. A lot of the stuff in there is literally advice you 2 gave me! Either it's the other, super-violent stuff that is off-putting, or somewhere a (big) misunderstanding crept in.

Heavy handed, yes, but from what I've gathered from this and other threads, this is basically what Sec on SS13 boils down to: Don't listen to them, prepare for the worst, and if they don't cooperate, waste'em. Leniency is at the discretion of the situation and the Guard in the field, and more about not getting stuck in irrelevant problems. If you see a disturbance, tell your Sec-buds what's going down but don't ask questions, because backup will only show at it's own discretion. And talking to them is also out; it's not like that traitor is going to hand himself in, there will be a fight, And if the suspect is cooperating, he will still bitch, so you don't listen to that.

As for the meta-stuff: well, if you are still reading the rights at that point, congratz, you've read more off a customized MR then anybody else ever has bothered with it. An automated warning against being a tool is a tool thing to do, but who has to cross the line first? The Rule-breaker, or the Enforcer (with deliberate ambiguity as to whether this refers to suspects & guards, or players & admins)?

PS: it's worth noting that I've actually survived quite a few spacings (and did quite well that time I 'went on an obligatory debris field adventure au naturel'), and doing so was fun an tied me up for the remainder of the round. I consider Spacing to be a neat way to rid the station of people who are to dangerous too keep around, but hardly an out-right death sentence.