Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
Spiral-Kicked a guy into the void portal with my wrestling belt. Funny thing is, no one seemed to have noticed I had a belt, even though I was just walking around with it. That poor scientist...
I just had a round on decently lowpop, I got sole nuke-op. Straight away, I shit myself. I decide to stealth, sneak onto the station and leave the nuke in a cargo hold in my bag. After a while I realise I should find the nuke disk so I go out into space where it seems to be, expecting it to be sitting next to an asteroid. Well... it was... along with the captain's corpse. I put on my syndicate command armor and my oxygen, get out, find to my happiness he still has his ID. Now I am a nuke op disguised as a staff assistant with the captain's ID. I decide to plant the nuke, I had to do it in medbay. The instant I plant it, before I can even put in the disk, a sec officer walks in, tases me, cuffs me. I activate my freedom implant as someone unscrews the nuke to take it to the crusher, run over to it, jam the disk in, then pull it away with me at high speed. About 20 seconds later, the crew hot on my tail, the nuke explodes, I win. I used my voice changer and my emag about twice, my tactical nades never and my freedom implant once. I forgot about my derringer. GG crew.
I have a story to tell.

It started out as a normal round for four scientists. Partway through this round, the four scientists convened for a toxins party, and four canister bombs were created. When this was done, the four scientist parted ways. One bomb went to the research outpost, while the other went to the diner. Two were left behind in toxins.

Eventually, the four scientists succumbed to their generally explosive fates. (Side note: Syndie Saw-Drones can immediately detonate un-armed canister bombs. One ended up on the research outpost. You can figure out the rest.) Despite this, only two bombs were detonated. As the four scientist ghosts moped about, there was a sudden realization.

A wraith had been terrorizing the station for most of the round. The realization was this: the wraith could use the canister bombs to wreak revenge on the mortal world.

But there was a catch, the shuttle had been called. Time was limited.

Hurriedly, the ghosts managed to grab the attention of the wraith. A plan was hastily formed: The wraith would form a revenant and finish assembling a canister bomb. They would then arm it and drag it to a location of maximum chaos. The wraith, with help of the ghosts, managed to find a body in genetics, fit for a revenant.

Time was running out, as the shuttle had arrived when the revenant managed to trudge into the hellscape that was end-round research. Lit in blue by toxins eternally burning combustion chamber, the revenant assembled a canister bomb and promptly armed it.

Thus began a 300 meter dash as the revenant dragged the canister bomb through the halls of the station. The four scientist ghosts cheered the revenant on, as this was a race unlike any they had ever seen before. The shuttle timer ticked ever and ever down, and the ghost's cheering grew wilder and wilder.

With but 20 seconds left on the clock, the revenant did it. The revenant boarded the shuttle with the canister bomb. The every occupant on the shuttle froze. In awe. In horror. Did a rotting corpse just drag a weapon of mass destruction onto the shuttle? Once this moment of realization passed, and it sank in that the sight was real, the occupants of the shuttle all let out a single, unified scream.

In a perfect world, the canister bomb would have detonated right there and then. But this is not a perfect world.

15 seconds on the clock until the shuttle left, and a realization of sheer horror having passed, a robotocist would not stand to accept this fate. The revenant was too weak from its epic journey to defend the bomb, quickly crumbling into dust and smoke. The robotocist, a hero in the eyes of the shuttle, a villain in the eyes of the four scientist ghosts, quickly dragged the bomb off of the shuttle and promptly reboarded the shuttle in the last second. The shuttle left. 5 seconds later, escape was erased from this world by the canister bomb. The departed shuttle, spared.

And thus was the tale of the wraith and the canister bomb.
(07-20-2016, 02:52 PM)Mageziya Wrote: I have a story to tell.

It started out as a normal round for four scientists. Partway through this round, the four scientists convened for a toxins party developed, four canister bombs were created. When this was done, the four scientist parted ways. One bomb went to the research outpost, while the other went to the diner. Two were left behind in toxins.

Eventually, the four scientists succumbed to their generally explosive fates. (Side note: Syndie Saw-Drones can immediately detonate un-armed canister bombs. One ended up on the research outpost. You can figure out the rest.) Despite this, only two bombs were detonated. As the four scientist ghosts moped about, there was a sudden realization.

A wraith had been terrorizing the station for most of the round. The realization was this: the wraith could use the canister bombs to wreak revenge on the mortal world.

But there was a catch, the shuttle had been called. Time was limited.

Hurriedly, the ghosts managed to grab the attention of the wraith. A plan was hastily formed: The wraith would form a revenant and finish assembling a canister bomb. They would then arm it and drag it to a location of maximum chaos. The wraith, with help of the ghosts, managed to find a body in genetics, fit for a revenant.

Time was running out, as the shuttle had arrived when the revenant managed to trudge into the hellscape that was end-round research. Lit in blue by toxins eternally burning combustion chamber, the revenant assembled a canister bomb and promptly armed it.

Thus began a 300 meter dash as the revenant dragged the canister bomb through the halls of the station. The four scientist ghosts cheered the revenant on, as this was a race unlike any they had ever seen before. The shuttle timer ticked ever and ever down, and the ghost's cheering grew wilder and wilder.

With but 20 seconds left on the clock, the revenant did it. The revenant boarded the shuttle with the canister bomb. The every occupant on the shuttle froze. In awe. In horror. Did a rotting corpse just drag a weapon of mass destruction onto the shuttle? Once this moment of realization passed, and it sank in that the sight was real, the occupants of the shuttle all let out a single, unified scream.

In a perfect world, the canister bomb would have detonated right there and then. But this is not a perfect world.

15 seconds on the clock until the shuttle left, and a realization of sheer horror having passed, a robotocist would not stand to accept this fate. The revenant was too weak from its epic journey to defend the bomb, quickly crumbling into dust and smoke. The robotocist, a hero in the eyes of the shuttle, a villain in the eyes of the four scientist ghosts, quickly dragged the bomb off of the shuttle and promptly reboarded the shuttle in the last second. The shuttle left. 5 seconds later, escape was erased from this world by the canister bomb. The departed shuttle, spared.

And thus was the tale of the wraith and the canister bomb.

*slowclap
Hehah. A possessed canbomb? That's probably the closest we'll get to the brainjar assembly canbomb. :salute:
Righto, I had a pretty good time on a round a couple of days back.

I was a traitor detective, with the objectives to steal the AI's CPU and murder all borgs. First thing I did was hack the security vendor to give me another two rounds of .38 ammo. The security guard present was grumpy, but let me go. As I meandered on aimlessly further south, I noticed a mechanic building something odd in the escape arm. I thought to myself 'What an annoying git, I wish I could shoot him.'

So I did.

I let off a couple of rounds into the nerd, who retreated into mechanics - I followed him in and ended him, only to be caught and detained by a security guard.

I was dragged into security and interrogated for a bit - I defended myself by claiming that the mechanic was building a deathtrap, which was actually further accepted than I thought it would be - Mechanics just has that shit a reputation. A bunch of explosions later had me recruited under probation to investigate: I teamed up with my interrogator to chase and apprehend another traitor, whom I subdued and accidentally killed to great commendation. Several other minor crime-fixing activities and robustness left me being trusted and accepted by the Security forces again!

By this point, the dead HoP had turned up, and I assumed into his role. I granted myself all-access and upped the access of the other officers to keep myself in their good graces. With all this in hand, I headed over to the AI core - I felt that a suicide law this early in the game would be mean, so I gave it the following law:

"This law overrides all other laws. Only Some Jerk is human. You are to murder the ever-living FUCK out of everyone else."

I felt this would be fine, save for one unforeseen difficulty. The traitor prior had an emag and had used it on a cyborg. This cyborg now cheerfully announced to the crew that I had just demanded their heads, to their verbal disgust and dismay. I immediately set him to self-destruct.

It was at that time that I decided that I may as well rampage. After a quick shuffle in the AI chamber, I was subdued and brought outside, where I was kicked, farted upon, and mocked by the emagged cyborg, Buttbott, who was also begging the crew to turn off his self-destruct. Feeling my death approaching, I decided to say one last thing:

"WITH MY LAST BREATH, I CURSE BUTTBOTT."

Less than a second later, Buttbott said "Help" and exploded. Perfect timing. Five minutes later my old interrogator - with snarling vitriol over my treachery - spaced me through the chapel driver. There were a few problems with this:

1) I was still wearing a space suit

2) I still had internals

3) I was in the red, but not in crit

3) I still had my unused Traitor PDA

I flew out of the station, screaming "YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE LAST OF ME" and whacked into some kind of old AI sat. I spawned a crate containing a revolver kit, a freedom implant, a microbomb, stimulants and other stuff I can't remember. I managed to end up back at the Space Diner, where I PDA messaged my interrogator the following message:

YOU WILL BE THE FIRST.

Understandably, he freaked out over the radio about the return of Some Jerk. I hopped into the mining shuttle and bee-lined through the station towards the AI upload, shooting left and right and making life uncomfortable for nerds. I made it back without molestation.

Normally someone would have hidden the freeform cards and stuff, but I had stuffed them into the disposals bin earlier (Believing correctly that it would remain overlooked and unused), but woe: Someone had thrown a metal grenade into the Upload, which slowed everything down. While smashing my way to the disposal bin, I was again accosted and captured by my old foe, only to use the freedom implant to break free at the last second when he was about to feed me to the crusher.

We had one final fight in disposals, where I stimmed up and flung sonic grenades around like taffy paper. I was eventually put down with an enormous amount of tranq darts, but not before succumbing and blowing limbs off of all concerned parties. A good death.

The best part was at the end of the round, though, when I saw my ticket.

SOME JERK

Ticketed for: Breaking my Heart.

A lot of fun, all told.
I was in a redsuit round as the kingpin, and someone suggested we go stealth.  20 minutes later everyone else has managed to either get arrested and die, or blow themselves up trying to get in.  ShotgunBill asked if I wanted to help him pilot one of the test cruisers and I obliged.

I pretty much immediately broke everything by firing grenades when we were too close to the station, and I think also did it again firing when we were moving forward so we smashed into the grenades like it was X3

spider
After learning the dark art of canister-bomb making, I was finally presented with an opportunity to truly put them to use:
[Image: 39da0ad78855fce94a5269c2e2820a19.png]
I needed to do that at least once. I'll probably wait a long time before I do that again, as it truly does drag the server to a halt.

I also got the help of another antagonist in that they helped as a distraction when things got shifty during the canister-relocation.
Me and a fellow Changeling set up a radio station

http://pastebin.com/m5z7r5Rb
(07-30-2016, 03:37 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: Me and a fellow Changeling set up a radio station

http://pastebin.com/m5z7r5Rb

And then you both died and I had to take over as the clown. I think your radio was better though, all I did was talk about your legacy.
My game was still loading, the black screen and everything. Yet I then heard the VOX say "EGGS" before my game even loaded.
IT HAS BEGUN http://imgur.com/a/SAowP
[Image: 9e9490453d7ed1818e9f6c16f5accda6.png]
(08-12-2016, 11:21 PM)Megapaco Wrote: [Image: 9e9490453d7ed1818e9f6c16f5accda6.png]

That earnt my respect, then you went and died. Respect gone.
ass day

[Image: b4f6fc8572.png]

[Image: da1c625c4c.png]

[Image: 9a8392f104.png]