Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please reduce the amount of whiteness from the screen from when you go into crit
it's very blinding especially on my monitor
(06-05-2016, 03:03 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: it's very blinding especially on my monitor

What whiteness?
(06-05-2016, 03:14 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 03:03 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: it's very blinding especially on my monitor

What whiteness?

I think he means how your screen becomes obscured by a very white "blur" when you go in crit.

I kinda agree that it makes it difficult to see or do anything, but on the other hand you are literally on the verge of dying, and death is... debilitating.
Maybe just make it more grey? It sounds more like a complaint of literal brightness being annoying, not that it obscures what your can see in the game.
The same white overlay you get when drunk, stung, etc. It varies in strength.
[Image: ddf5461773.png]
[Image: 5470f06369.png]

It would also vary depending on your monitor. I always assumed it was supposed to get you killed on occasion.
I wish my overlay still looked like that.

Whenever I end up in crit or something, I don't know how long ago or when this started happening, but for me the white overlay is a lot more covering and completely opaque for me. Stage one of it is near blinding, while when a second layer gets added I pretty much literally can't see anything and navigate off memory.

It is very, very debilitating.
Honestly? I recall it being more severe than what is shown in my pictures, since I recall dying often because I can't see to find the medical equipment around me.
It actually will change depending on how stretched out the screen is. The default version on my screen is terrible for navigating any kind of dark room, so sometimes I shrink the screen down more and it creates more space between the cross hatched lines and becomes easier to see.

I wouldn't mind if this overlay was changed, actually, even if it reduced how far I could see as long as I could see what was actually around me.
maybe something like the unconscious/blind vision, but wider?