Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new microbomb type!: Keep on Running!
It's essentially a new type of microbomb that you can implant on yourself (instantly) or on others (while they are stunned/hold still for 3 seconds) that will arm itself after 30 seconds and requires them to CONSTANTLY sprint and/or run!

If they stop moving for more than 3 seconds, they immediately explode!

Of course, the explosion wouldn't be too powerful but just powerful enough to gib the victim and perhaps break some windows around him.

I believe a price of 4 TC would be just fine and it would be accessible to every traitor, regardless of their starting job.
I feel like it should be at least as strong as a syndicate pipebomb for 4 TC.
how about an alternate microbomb that releases a chemical smoke on the user's death. it could come with sarin or something by default but could be dumped out for custom on-death chem fun
Sounds familiar...

This is an excellent idea!
The activation time should be about a minute, so there's actually a possibility of getting it removed via surgery if addressed in time. Otherwise people are just going to go 'fuck it' and suicide immediately upon it being implanted because practically speaking, nobody is going to keep running through an entire round.
I'm not a massive fan of this idea, mainly because of outside influences. I don't want my round to be 100% over because I'm called over from the next room or because my internet/power flickers off for a moment.
What's to stop someone from just running into space.

Assuming space movement delays the bomb, someone could just fly through space without exploding and out the person who injected them.
(05-31-2016, 12:14 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: What's to stop someone from just running into space.

Assuming space movement delays the bomb, someone could just fly through space without exploding and out the person who injected them.

Nothing.
Nothing is stopping them from grabbing booze and a scalpel and drinking and removing the implant while running either.
So the line between this being effective/cost effective and not effective/could-of-bought-a-pipebomb is quite thin.
I'd say drop it down to 1tc, and make it do severe damage. If someone is already softened up, like down to redorange, then it should gib them. That way you could do it to multiple players at once.
It should come with a remote, so that you decide when it kicks in. Once you hit prime, the victim has 10 seconds before the fun begins.

Example.

What the? A radio voice starts playing from your chest.
DO NOT STOP MOVING
YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS UNTIL BOOM IF STILL.

Edit: The biggest problem I can think from this is how you technically stop moving when you bump into a door.
How about making this some kinda construction?
You can add a timer, or remote signaller, or maybe even a proximity detector for keeping them stuck in an area.
This idea feels all sorts of wonky to me. It doesn't add much for player-to-player interaction when the implanted guy can't even stop to type.

This would also give people an excuse to become a moving bomb antag - they can literally decide to blow themselves up next to the engine, cloner, robotics etc-etc without much potential repercussion rules wise.
(05-31-2016, 08:10 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I feel like it should be at least as strong as a syndicate pipebomb for 4 TC.

I suppose.

Please keep in mind that the timers and whatnot are up for debate.

I like Mageziya's remote idea too!
It really should be at least 3-4 tc. Functionally, it's a guaranteed kill - outside of a few edge cases, nobody is realistically going to keep moving for the entirety of a 1-hour round, and just stunning them with a stunbaton first all but ensures it.

I do feel that there isn't much incentive to play along - anyone who's implanted with one of these will just go 'fuk u' and suicide rather than watch the traitor laugh as they rush about. Look at how many people, antag or no, immediately suicide upon being arrested by sec for anything at all.
This would be pretty cool. There should be treadmills in the gym for such situations.
This seems like the best solution because I've really wanted this sort of thing, but it's hard to use microbombs as is for offense