Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
no fuss sec helper machine
an idea that i would think would be useful for security

what it would basically be:

a container/closet/locker/whatever you can insert a prison jumpsuit into, as well as shoes which would serve to rapidly strip and redress a  and can have a crate attachment which stores the subject's clothing and pocket items into the storage container crate which would function either as a plain ol crate or would be locked until the prisoner's sentence is up
I might eventually get around to spriting it, but I had a similar idea. Basically a machine that picks up the prisoner and shakes them around upside-down to strip all the items off them, and then deposits the items in an attached crate/locker.

Emagging/hacking it would cause it to shake them around really crazy and make them vomit, etc.
I'm on the fence about this idea.
It was never really necessary to dress players up in orange jumpsuits. I groan when I see other officers stripping them to put on the orange because shit goes missing that way, it takes time, and some people REALLY want their work jumpsuit or whatever jumpsuit they currently have.

It varies, but some prisoners would probably wear the orange if provided, which would actually be far better to move the prison jumpsuit locker INSIDE the brig, and provide loose orange jumpsuits inside the solitaries. Trust me on this: You'll be surprised how many people would just put it on to look menacing. Maybe go a step further and have some other menacing wear than orange jumpsuits, like jumpsuit/vest combo, doo-rags for the head, etc.

As far as an auto-stripper goes, it's not really necessary and requires a significant amount of balancing (stealth storage, rigged bagpacks, etc)
The stuff that's confiscated is mainly toolbelts, pocket items, and bad stuff in bags. That should be it really.
Really the re-jig of security proper that 69andahalf did would streamline a bunch of this shit.
There was an older thread about alternative ammo for the riot launcher, and one idea for that was t-shirt cannon. How about a version of that that shoots the orange uniform onto someone, maintaining what's in there pockets and dumping their current outfit on the ground? Or make prison jumpsuits that are worn over their uniform, like armor.
(05-18-2016, 11:38 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: There was an older thread about alternative ammo for the riot launcher, and one idea for that was t-shirt cannon. How about a version of that that shoots the orange uniform onto someone, maintaining what's in there pockets and dumping their current outfit on the ground?

This sounds hilarious yet useful.

I would love to have this.
(05-18-2016, 11:46 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 11:38 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: There was an older thread about alternative ammo for the riot launcher, and one idea for that was t-shirt cannon. How about a version of that that shoots the orange uniform onto someone, maintaining what's in there pockets and dumping their current outfit on the ground?

This sounds hilarious yet useful.

I would love to have this.

Oh dear lord, imagine the clown with the prison suit cannon.

HOS decides to completely neglect their job and give the clown the cannon, clown proceeds to inspire a mob.

This is perfect, because not only does it have actual application, straying from it's intended function should mainly result in fun gimmicks.
One problem with this, there are currently effects that change your outfit (tommy gun, owl grenade, etc.) All of them drop all the stuff in your pockets including your ID on the floor exactly as if you stripped off your uniform. Unless that can be done differently a t-shirt gun would be like an instant id-theft tool.
(05-18-2016, 04:47 PM)UmmonTL Wrote: One problem with this, there are currently effects that change your outfit (tommy gun, owl grenade, etc.) All of them drop all the stuff in your pockets including your ID on the floor exactly as if you stripped off your uniform. Unless that can be done differently a t-shirt gun would be like an instant id-theft tool.

There's probably some way to do this.

Probably.
Maybe it puts the uniform in your hand then immediately causes you to perform the equip action?