Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Riot Shields for the Armoury
Pubbie Scrubs throws the brick!
The brick bounces uselessly off Isaac Kirkhope's Riot Shield!

Pubbie Scrubs attacks Isaac Kirkhope with the crowbar, but is bounced back!
Pubbie Scrubs attacks Isaac Kirkhope in the head with the crowbar!

Pubbie Scrubs tries to push past Isaac Kirkhope, but is bounced back!

Isaac Kirkhope shoves Pubbie Scrubs with the Riot Shield!
Isaac Kirkhope pushes Pubbie Scrubs to the ground with the Riot Shield!

A proper riot control tool would be very, very nice for Security to have. Bounces items to the ground, makes you hard to push like a fat guy, still lets you disarm-shove someone, but slows you down pretty harshly and can't be shoved in a backpack.
This sounds like a good idea, but maybe a bit too dependent on the situation. A rampaging traitor would be more likely to use this than an actual security officer.
Sounds good. It shouldn't work against tasers/lasers/bullets, though. And it should either be impossible to disarm off someone, or have a method of upgrading it to have that quality, like adding handcuffs to it or something.
I like it. I think the decrease in mobility and the large size of the item would keep standard traitors from using it too often, since speed is usually better when soloing. With teamwork, Sec could use the shields to set up choke points and box in people they were pursuing.
(02-26-2016, 12:35 PM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote: Sounds good. It shouldn't work against tasers/lasers/bullets, though. And it should either be impossible to disarm off someone, or have a method of upgrading it to have that quality, like adding handcuffs to it or something.

I think it should defend you from tasers and bullets. But since Lasers can go though things like glass it would be safe to assume that it would either burn though or pass right though the shield. Since Tasers can't go though things like that it should protect you from them and for bullets only protect you for a few bullets before breaking.

and AP bullets would not protect you at all even with the shield
i think it'd be cool if this were implemented, you'd be able to disarm the wielder from behind
It could work, but the movement penalty would really need to be harsh.
Yeah I love this idea! You should have a higher chance to push people over if that's possible. Other than reducing movement speed, maybe you could force them to face one direction with the shield until they want to turn it and it would be really slow? This would be great for entrances into occupied areas like a deployed nuke, and provides another reason to buy AP ammo traitor items.
I once tried to use a riot shield the one and only time I went paintballing and I immediately tripped over a twig that I couldn't see cause my visor was steamed up and spilled my paintballs everywhere.

Please add something like this.