Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Observe - antag tag
Somehow tag antags so that when you are observing, you know who is fun to watch.

This tag would only be visible in observe mode.

Ideally, this would be a "DNRobserve" command, so that you are unable to play the round if you opt to see the tags.
Terrible idea, only makes things easier for people that want to do metacomms.
(02-12-2016, 02:16 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: Terrible idea, only makes things easier for people that want to do metacomms.
what is metacomms?
(02-12-2016, 02:51 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 02:16 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: Terrible idea, only makes things easier for people that want to do metacomms.
what is metacomms?

Hey friend, I'll suicide and tell you all the antag's names over Skype!

There's really no way this would work, and it's usually pretty easy to find antags by simply observing and looking at chat.
Ghost u: Hey, who's the antag?
Pubbie a: OH GOD HES KILLING EVERYONE IN MEDBAY
Ghost a: I don't know. I'm watching this guy grow weed.
Ghost b: Yeah.
*massive explosion*
Ghost u: How is THAT fun?
Pubbie b: MUR DRENDIK JUST BLEW UP THE ENGINE OH NO!
Ghost b: It EXPLODES when you ROLL IT!
Various: *scream
Ghost u: Really? Neat! I'll float on over!
Pubbie a: OH GOD IT BURRRNS!
Botanist: *customv hugs Beesy Bee!
(02-12-2016, 05:04 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 02:51 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote:
what is metacomms?

Hey friend, I'll suicide and tell you all the antag's names over Skype!

There's really no way this would work, and it's usually pretty easy to find antags by simply observing and looking at chat.

So I can't have tags cause of metagamers.

....I hate metagmers. they are ruining my fun without even interacting with me.
Metagamefunctiondenial.
Alright I withdraw this idea and replace it with the following:

For certain trusted users, Somehow tag antags so that when you are observing, you know who is fun to watch.

This tag would only be visible in observe mode, for certain trusted observers.

Ideally, this would be a "DNRobserve" command, so that certain trusted players are unable to play the round if you opt to see the tags.
(02-14-2016, 03:30 AM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: Alright I withdraw this idea and replace it with the following:

For certain trusted users, Somehow tag antags so that when you are observing, you know who is fun to watch.

This tag would only be visible in observe mode, for certain trusted observers.

Ideally, this would be a "DNRobserve" command, so that certain trusted players are unable to play the round if you opt to see the tags.

Trusted users? Well Administrators already have this, i don't see why normal players should get this, it allows for meta-communication, and i fail to see why Mentors or another select sub-group of users should recieve this.
I'm sorry you feel this way, I disagree.

However if this idea gets moved to the bad ideas forum I will not break into tears over it.
Just watch the chat or ask other people in deadchat. It's what I do and 90% of the time I find the antag to watch. I also think this is a terrible idea for the reasons above.