Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting shocked by walking on/past catwalks/grilles.
Recently, the way wiring works was changed so that if you move on top of a catwalk with a wire running along it, or next to a grille with a wire under it, you get can shocked. This is true regardless of if you have insulated gloves or not. This makes the catwalk run from disposals to the arc smelter extra dangerous (that entire catwalk is now electrified) and makes doing anything out on the solars potentially deadly. It also means that the the only way to safely dismantle an electrified grille is to repeatedly throw things at it at a distance - moving next to the grille to snip it with wire cutters is enough to fry you if the RNG is against you.
Good lord, who thought this was a good idea? With all the recent changes to make the station itself way more deadly in conjunction with making rounds drag on forever, I'm not surprised rounds have been a little emptier as of late.
Roomba Wrote:Good lord, who thought this was a good idea? With all the recent changes to make the station itself way more deadly in conjunction with making rounds drag on forever, I'm not surprised rounds have been a little emptier as of late.
While I also disagree with this shocking grilles and catwalks business, a lot of the reason rounds are emptier is because the summer rush is ending, folks are getting busy with schooling and whatnot.
Roomba Wrote:Good lord, who thought this was a good idea?

This sounds more like a thing that broke rather than a "Hey, let's fuck over those players summore." I think electrified grilles in general got busted then repaired recently.
Gannets Wrote:
Roomba Wrote:Good lord, who thought this was a good idea?

This sounds more like a thing that broke rather than a "Hey, let's fuck over those players summore." I think electrified grilles in general got busted then repaired recently.
If by "a thing that broke" you mean it was never intended to shock you when you walk over it, I don't think that's the case given the specific and new message you get when it happens. If you mean it was intended to happen all along and never did, then it really should go back to not.
Grek Wrote:Recently, the way wiring works was changed so that if you move on top of a catwalk with a wire running along it, or next to a grille with a wire under it, you get can shocked. This is true regardless of if you have insulated gloves or not.

if anything, insulated gloves need to be reworked as to not allow you to ignore anything electrified if it doesn't involve using it with your hands

those dumb gloves are way too dang buff
Yeah, this is pretty much hell. It's a neat little gimmick idea, but in practice it's just irritating and overcomplicating station life. I'm not here to comply to space OSHA, I'm here to get murdered by wizardsand blow myself up!
APARTHEID Wrote:
Grek Wrote:Recently, the way wiring works was changed so that if you move on top of a catwalk with a wire running along it, or next to a grille with a wire under it, you get can shocked. This is true regardless of if you have insulated gloves or not.

if anything, insulated gloves need to be reworked as to not allow you to ignore anything electrified if it doesn't involve using it with your hands

. Well even if you have insulated gloves the power gloves still affect you. I may be wrong but i think getting hit by a APC still shocks you even with the gloves on
Ed Venture Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:

. Well even if you have insulated gloves the power gloves still affect you. I may be wrong but i think getting hit by a APC still shocks you even with the gloves on

I can confirm that it does. Problem there being, the RNG likes to shock you while you're down, and more likely than not you end up in crit from it.
APARTHEID Wrote:

Faraday shield suits would be a nice halfway point between insulated gloves and SMES resistance mutations.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:
Grek Wrote:blah
blah
Faraday shield suits would be a nice halfway point between insulated gloves and SMES resistance mutations.
[Image: 3gwiapw.jpg?1]

Yes.
I was right!

[Image: Cli3i5V.png]
I mean, grilles shocking people for walking past them also kinda sucks...maybe only barefoot people, like glass shards?
Walking on catwalks shouldn't shock you anymore, you can thank Haine. Hooray!
BlackPhoenix Wrote:I mean, grilles shocking people for walking past them also kinda sucks...maybe only barefoot people, like glass shards?

Fuck people who break into departments by bashing down windows.