Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I die we ALL die (deadman's bomb trigger)
I was thinking it would be cool since health implants alert medical PDAs when you die if you could hook one up to a bomb trigger and have it go off when it stopped reading life signs. Traitor holds the station hostage while the crew scrambles to find the bombs so he can be taken down, things like that.

Might be a bit too strong in practice though. What do you guys think?
Grizzwold Wrote:I was thinking it would be cool since health implants alert medical PDAs when you die if you could hook one up to a bomb trigger and have it go off when it stopped reading life signs. Traitor holds the station hostage while the crew scrambles to find the bombs so he can be taken down, things like that.

Might be a bit too strong in practice though. What do you guys think?

We have a suicide vest apparatus already that normally sets off a grenade/beaker assembly when you die. A variant of those with a remote signaller attached seems easy to cook up in theory.
this seems a bit over the top, to be honest. Maybe cap the bombs connected at 1, because the station would be utterly crippled by some guy dropping dead, though even that seems entirely too powerful. No thanks.
I'm with hman on this one. Cool idea, but a limit to the number of connected bombs needs to be in place. Also, you might want to consider that the practical solution, instead of scrambling to find the bomb, will just be to cut the implant out of the dude before he dies. Might want to give it the same failsafe as the microbombs in that suicide have a chance to make it not work.
You can already do this using mechanic components. its just complicated.
I'm not sure how a guy falling dead and triggering a lot of bombs is significantly more overpowered than a guy pressing a signaler button and setting off a lot of bombs at once. It seems like once you've gotten the actual bombs and gone around setting them up in key spots, the actual triggering mechanism is fairly immaterial.
salix_catus Wrote:You can already do this using mechanic components. its just complicated.

Given that the idea is already a thing I don't know if I should put it in good ideas or bad ideas.
Hmm!
Spy_Guy Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:You can already do this using mechanic components. its just complicated.

Given that the idea is already a thing I don't know if I should put it in good ideas or bad ideas.
Hmm!
Well i don't know if it has been done yet. I just thought about it and realised it could be done.
Maybe as something not quite the same but pretty cool, you could have a suicide vest hooked up to a radio trigger instead. Your payload wouldn't be a bomb strapped to your chest, it would be a trigger strapped to your chest

Kill a guy and you might trigger a bomb in medbay, or cause all the escape doors to electrify due to some clever wire work. who knows.
Archenteron Wrote:We have a suicide vest apparatus already that normally sets off a grenade/beaker assembly when you die.

This thing has never ever worked for me. I have died countless times and been disappointed.
It only heats the beaker once with the igniter when you die. Preheat it to just below Shit Happening temperature.
I support the small addition of a suicide vest alternative with a radio trigger instead of a beaker/grenade. This makes suicide bombers easy to spot and far more interesting to deal with than traditional types we see who just leave signalers in their pockets or whatever. 'People might die if I shoot this nerd' is the effect the vest would give, at least if I encountered it.