Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournament!
Hello! I thought it'd be fun to have a tournament. I am planning a double-elimination tournament. Depending on what you guys want to do, we can have teams, or have 1 vs 1 matches. For 1 vs 1 matches we will need 8 participants (with the example tourney setup below). The tournament can be set up in many different ways, so If we get a lot of people wanting in on this then I can expand tournament, add more teams, more players per team, etc. Here is an example of a possible tournament setup below:

[Image: svl8PeG.jpg]

If people are fine with the tourney setup above then I'll just go with that one. Once there's enough input I'll make a thread in general discussion and wait for replies. In that thread we can figure out a good date for everyone interested in participating in the tourney, and organize the teams.

Please make suggestions on how the tournament can be setup, what should be changed, added, etc. (I may have complicated some things, I tend to do that, sorry!)

Weapons

Weapons are chosen by a roll of dice with skybee on IRC. Teams will have a random chance to get select choices of weaponry (or only one choice) depending on which number has been rolled. If there is a choice, players can vote on which weapon they'd prefer or have an admin pick for them. As the rounds progress, more weapons are unlocked. Players may only use the picked weapon during the match.

1: Bare hands
2: Fork, or Screwdriver
3: Cakehat, Crowbar, or Wrench
4: Fire extinguisher, Toolbox, or Gas tank
Round 2 Unlocks:
5: Welder
6: Taser gun, or Energy gun (bolts only, melee allowed)
Round 3 Unlocks:
7: Green Chainsaw, or Syndicate Dagger
8: Stun baton, or Police baton
9: Shard, Scissor, Razor Blade, or Scalpel
Round 4 Unlocks:
10: Laser gun, Shotgun Box, or Revolver Box

Special roll (1-50)

Each team can do a special roll before each match start for additional items or NPC's if they choose. These items can be used in addition to the team's main weapon.

1. Armor vests (for the whole team)
10. Spoons (for the whole team)
14. Microbomb implant
12. Bee egg
20. Space Bear (spawned in thunderdome)
23. Bible
50. Sleepy pen

Tournament Rules

You will be assigned a weapon to use during the match, only use this item
You may use your hands to kill a K.O.'d opponent
Once the Team Room doors open the match begins
Don't AFK during a match, suiciding will probably get you disqualified, please participate, if you're having connection issues then you'll get replaced until you resolve the issue.

Have fun!

Grand Prize

Aside from just having fun with space friends, I'm willing to add prizes.

One Steam Game or Application per winner (I'm not going to spend alot of money, so maybe 30 USD value per winner or less depending on how big teams are)
This seems fun.
I've always wanted to participate in a Mortal Kombat tournament in this game. Sounds like a fun idea
Yeah this sounds like a lot of fun, would it be held on the extended server or just during regular rounds?
I fully support this, and would love to participate. I frequently chastise myself for my lack of robustness, and this must change.
Yes hi my name is Dr. Fisk and I would like to prove to the world how unrobust I am, you can count me in.
This is a good idea and I'd happily help running it.
This sounds awesome. Sign me up maaaaan
im going to kill jeb
Time to put my space man dignity and space man pride on the line in a space man duel to the death.
Perhaps some basic medical supplies could be offered? Something as simple as an epi-pen or a bandage in the pocket wouldn't be terrible.
I like to fight things. I want to fight things. I'm signing up for fighting things.
I'm down to kill people with Spoons
I will drink the blood of several innocent space travelers in preparation of the upcoming battle.