Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerf spray bottles
A plastic bottle, logically, should not be able to hold terrible acids and fire. It's bad for the same reasons the fire extinguisher full of fire was bad, and should be nerfed.
I know that trying to fill fire extinguishers with fluorosulfuric acid melts the extinguisher. Is this not the case with spray bottles?
Nope. You can fill a spray bottle with acid and fire at the same time and it handles everything fine. Even worse, it uses the same animation no matter what you put in it, so there's no way to tell what someone's spraying around until they hit you with it.
I'm not sure how common this is, but the last time I put acid in a spray bottle it splashed back at me. So maybe it could just have more risk to the user when spraying horrible substances at players.
This thread is emitting at least fifteen kilohitlers.
idea: have these things clog up spray bottles unless you use wirecutters on them to cut off the valve. this switches the spray to a more clustered shot that's easier to see and therefore easier to know that it's been tampered with.
If somehow, through some sort of fun-hating magic this happens, then make it so fuel cans can be put into chem dispensers. That way, to replace the spray bottle, the flamethrower can be used to do this.

And yes, I already know it can be filled with other chems, but it's a slow as hell process because you can't directly put it into a chem dispenser.
Hasn't spray bottles with acid already been nerfed? (you need over 10 units for fluoro acid to damage/melt anything, and spray bottles deliver less than that amount per spray)

Regardless, there's a fairly limited number of spray bottles on station if you want to compare it with fire extinguishers, and it barely takes effort to get the materials needed to cobble a flamethrower together to spray fire.
I don't really feel like there even needs to be a change at all. I was only sharing a personal experience along with a suggestion. A sad old frog
With acid, hot oil, and now radium rather ineffective from sprays the amount of menace a spray bottle can convey is pretty minimal compared to many of the other similar items on the station (flamethrowers come to mind). I don't see them abused much or at all anymore.
future space plastic bottles
Some acids can't eat through plastic.

Really though make some kind of traitor science/medbay item that can hold chems that shouldn't be able to sit in a plastic bottle from Space Dollar General. It's kind of silly how one assistant can make a mix that crits you in one hit with a rapid fire item that's better than most traitor gear. It also takes very little effort.
Zafhset Wrote:Hasn't spray bottles with acid already been nerfed? (you need over 10 units for fluoro acid to damage/melt anything, and spray bottles deliver less than that amount per spray)

Gonna correct myself - just tested, and acid sprays are a working thing again.
It sounds like the recent revert from slowchem broke the 10u requirement for acid splashes. That should probably be fixed.
Just make it have a temp limit. any chemicals in it over a certain temperature threshold should destroy the spray bottle and release the chemicals on the square that the bottle is in. colder chemicals would be still allowed so you could still hilariously freeze people with a spray bottle.