Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put stuff on your butt!
Alternate thread title: Let's have back pockets on our jumpsuits!

Basically, the way I see it happening is adding two slots on every pieces of clothing worn in the uniform slot that only work when you click drag tiny items onto your jumpsuit's/uniform's sprite.

To take them out, simply right click your uniform's sprite and hit "Empty back pocket 1" or "Empty back pocket 2". It SHOULD show a flavor text in chat when you reach for your back pockets thus not making them regular extra uniform pockets.

Swasksilo Humbulembe reaches for something in his back pocket!

What do you guys think?
Pockets are pretty neat, and it would make pick pocketing more interesting.
I'm not entirely certain that I'm following your train of thought, here. Wouldn't this basically amount to having two extra pockets that, with the way the HUD works, you can't even check the contents of without pulling whatever it is out?
You know, as it is we have two pocket slots on the hud.

If uniforms could have additional pocket slots, presumably exosuits like coats and spacesuits could have pocket slots too.

The two pocket slots on the hud could just open up the pocket inventory for the uniform slot and exosuit, respectively.
Putting junk in your pockets could just be clicking those spots with item in hand.
I think it might make sense for different clothing to have breast pockets and such.
I kinda like what the other servers do where outer wear clothing also has a pocket.
Vunterslaush Wrote:I think it might make sense for different clothing to have breast pockets and such.
Yeah. Different outfits could have different item capacities. Standard uniforms either the current two or four if there are back pockets, but I can see something like the trench coats having a full six extra slots for shady drug dealers or for the detective to carry all their gear in.
If anything, labcoats should have an extra pocket or two. In exchange, wearing something bulky like a spacesuit should obstruct the pockets on your jumpsuit.
Frank_Stein Wrote:If uniforms could have additional pocket slots, presumably exosuits like coats and spacesuits could have pocket slots too.
Wouldn't that also mean that you can't take things out of your jumpsuit pocket while wearing a space suit unless you take off the whole space suit?
I guess, if you want to be realistic about it. I mean, right now you can can get into your pockets with a suit on, so I don't see why we couldn't keep that.
Frank_Stein Wrote:I guess, if you want to be realistic about it. I mean, right now you can can get into your pockets with a suit on, so I don't see why we couldn't keep that.
I like to think of the UI as simplifying things. Just assume that when you put on a space suit, you're also transferring any items from your jumpsuit pockets to the external pockets.