Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Telecrystal Rework\Buffs
The issue with poison bottles is the lottery, yeah.
You can get mundane crap like sulfonal, cyanide or sarin.
Or stuff that's more debilitating than deadly - you either need to use a lot of it, or follow your target and drag them into maint and club them to death or something. Ketamine, sodium theopental, pancuronium.
Even some of the fun poisons, like amanitin and rajaijah, you can only effectively get two people with a bottle because 40u is just too little.

And honestly, right now people can already buy a pen and six bottles and it doesn't seem to be overpowered at all. There's an art to stealthily using a pen and most people get called out on it.

I'm thinking on how to adjust my radical suggestion to work with the criticisms. Two major picks probably is too much. Reduce it to one major pick, but shunt some of the weaker majors picks down to moderate level, having them cost 3 moderate selections - but change shattering your major pick to give 4 moderate crystals, perhaps?

The basic division in my mind is:
MAJOR - Category exists to prevent ugly combos like cloak + melee from happening. Or any other rampagers' delight.
MODERATE - Powerful supporting options that aren't really plans on their own, that need to either be limited in quantity or force you to scrap your major pick to get them in excess.
MINOR - Small touches that it's no problem if a traitor were to spend to get 5/7/15 of them.

As for feeling "confining", I guess I don't see it that way. Quite the opposite, I would feel quite freed if I knew I didn't have to choose between getting the one big ticket item I want and the happy extras. I want to see those middling things like stimpacks and vuvuzelas actually being bought rather than scooped out of a surplus crate.
On poison bottles: If you're going to bump their price, tweak the probabilities to match. I understand that poison bottles are a gamble yadda yadda yadda but the things almost feel rigged with how low of a payoff they give. I've ordered lots and lots of poison bottles, but to this day, I have never once in my life gotten spider eggs. Ever. Out of each batch of about five bottles, there's always at least one, if not two bottles of cyanide/sulfonal. My luck might be shit or I might be grossly overestimating the rarity of the higher-end poisons, but I hear complaints about it from other folks as well, so the numbers might need some tweaking regarsless. But if you're going to increase the cost, you NEED to do tweaking or they just won't be cost-effective at all.
Give traitors 20 telecrystals but doeble the cost of everything. Then you can make finer adjustments to balance from there.
If you bumped up the price on poisons by a telecrystal and made them come in a three pack, with two of them being random and a third always being a Rare Toxin..Maybe bump up the size of the containers too. I'd use that.
Why not make option for cheap mild poison or expensive high potency poison?
I don't think anyone would ever buy three bottles of sulfonal over one bottle of ice spiders. Not that it would be an entirely bad idea.
As a person who uses radbows often, I don't agree on radbows costing 4 TCs in a 12 TC setup. At the current setup, it's possible for someone to get 3 radbows (3tc each) and have one spare TC for flavoring with any 1 TC item. (stealth storage to make using all 3 feasable)

Radbows are powerful, but is offsetted by one shot per every long recharge. it takes a while to die from, and with the abundance of medkits and burn meds around the station people tend to last even longer - not dying in most cases too if they can get any form of tox treatment.
I agree with increasing the cost of poison bottles, but i'd keep the pen at it''s current cost of 4, or maybe increase it by one to 5. As a previous poster said, you can already buy a pen and 6 bottles, which actually not very practical, since you have to store them all somewhere and several of them will have middling poisons in.

Also, i find that 6 bottles is way more than is needed - 3 bottles is normally more than adequate, and with careful mixing of cocktails, you can make your 3 poison bottles last most of the round.

Other than that i agree with all the other prices, though the revolver and butchers knife seem a little too pricey still.

also my comment about the grenades was when reactions wasn't instant, which seemed to make them not work very well. They work fine now though
I just looked over the revised list and I'm pretty happy with it, but because someone asked about chem grenades, I personally think they are awesome. There is a (secret?) way to use them that makes them MUCH better then beaker assemblies, which hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet. If you know what that is, they are definitely worth the 2 telecrystals, especially with the cap increase.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:2. I think people say the chem nades are bad because you can do most everything they can do without them, it's kind of like the beginner's tool of fucking shit up with chem.
I politely disagree. You can do everything chemnades can do without chemnades, but the main lure of chemnades is the ability to do it BETTER. You can arm a chemnade, throw it at people, and run away, which is an incredible advantage over beaker assemblies or other such setups.

Technically, voltagen does much more damage in grenades than in smoke.
Roomba Wrote:I don't think anyone would ever buy three bottles of sulfonal over one bottle of ice spiders. Not that it would be an entirely bad idea.

Why not sell poison autoinjectors at that syndicate hideout. Different drugs would be more expensive, but you could justify it by making some weaker poisons easily purchasable. Like an autoinjector that gives 15 units of sulfanol or something upon use but then becomes useless.

Basically like the medical injectors doctors have but with one use bad things instead.
atomic1fire Wrote:Why not sell poison autoinjectors at that syndicate hideout. Different drugs would be more expensive, but you could justify it by making some weaker poisons easily purchasable. Like an autoinjector that gives 15 units of sulfanol or something upon use but then becomes useless.

Basically like the medical injectors doctors have but with one use bad things instead.

I love this idea. It gives non-chemistry-inclined traitors an outlet to go and obtain poisons without spending any of their precious telecrystals, and makes it possible for normal crewmembers to, at great difficulty, obtain certain delicious chems that are normally restricted to poison bottles.

I mean, c'mon. I want to experiment with some of the stuff in those bottles!