Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance of being spawned with a treasure map.
Give crewmen a "small" chance of being spawned with a piece of paper that contains a random but cool set of telescience coords as their unique item.

ee.g Greg Greg mans's grandpa's treasure map.

It might encourage telescience expeditions, if just to see what the treasure map leads to.

I'm sure there are some random cool spots on the mining zlevel that could be used as points of interest, and maybe to encourage telescience expeditions, a treasure chest could be spawned in that spot.
Would someone wearing pirate gear with grog in their blood get bonus treasure?
I love this. Maybe as something even rarer, the map could be split between several people where they only have a bit of the information. Will they work together, or just try to steal it for themselves?
This sounds hilarious, especially if you bundle it with those personal items we have now. Imagine if the Janitor's grandpa left him a map leading to buried treasure in Medbay!

I like the Telesci idea, of course, but the thought of the crew frantically digging up the station gives me the giggles.
Would there be a X that marks the spot?
This is Pub Scrubb's grandad's Telescience Co-Ordinate Map.
Wow!! Sure was a great explorer.
Sometimes the treasure should be the friendships you forged while searching for it.
BruiseCruise Wrote:I like the Telesci idea, of course, but the thought of the crew frantically digging up the station gives me the giggles.

Rather than coordinates, it gives them vague poem clues that hint at certain rooms on the station. Pry up the floor to find the next hint.
This is a great idea.
Space pirate ship/Treasure Island adventure area when?
This is currently going 2 ways:

Telescience adventure:
Probably really annoying to set up, and people will prefer a clown mask to a piece of "valuable" paper, and won't go pester telescience people about it.

Station riddle/adventure:
Much easier to set up, clues can be cryptic, doesn't rely on someone who can actually do telescience (you get rounds with no one trying TS quite often).

Rewards should be opened abandoned crates, with a much/slightly higher chance of rare stuff (voltron, phaser and attachments, ETC.) Should also release some kind of guardian mob. Not strong enough to cause a rampage, but difficult to take on by yourself.
I still think this a fun idea.