Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SS13 things that make you smile
I'm trying out Eve Online for the first time, and a little bit in I see a ship owned by "Layli Lillington." I decide, why not ask if it's Lily Lillington from Goon?
Quote:Fisk -> Lillington "Honke"
Lillington -> Fisk "What the hell is wrong with you?"
FishDance2 Wrote:I'm trying out Eve Online for the first time, and a little bit in I see a ship owned by "Layli Lillington." I decide, why not ask if it's Lily Lillington from Goon?
i would never play eve jesus christ almighty no way god no
they're a liar and a thief
AffableGiraffe Wrote:
FishDance2 Wrote:I'm trying out Eve Online for the first time, and a little bit in I see a ship owned by "Layli Lillington." I decide, why not ask if it's Lily Lillington from Goon?
i would never play eve jesus christ almighty no way god no
they're a liar and a thief

Welcome to a game that reflects real world personalities oh so well.
I definitely saw Biggs (or Big) McLargehuge flying around in Caldari space when I first started playing. The best is going to major trade hubs like Jita and seeing local chat chock full of contract scams and begging.
Making admin-controlled characters mad? Martian diplomat making ever more extravagant demands? Make him drink pee! Monkey with a wrestling belt terrorizing the crew? Throw a rainbow melon and run like hell!
Reading admin complaint threads and unban appeals in which all parties involved part ways satisfied and friendly. It's nice to see when things get worked out. Similarly, in-game when sec manages to diffuse a fight before it gets too far and the fighters don't immediately turn on either each other or the sec officer.

Sure it's fun to see spergy fights explode, but sometimes it's just nice to see people not be 100% dicks.
The time the captain lasered me to death just for following him around with a vuvuzela. He gave me plenty of warnings so of course I wanted to see if he'd actually do it.
Spending a good 60 minutes trying to build a Commaster console from scratch after 20 asteroids destroyed the entire west side of the station (and all of the comm consoles with it). There were two others with me. We spent a good portion of that time slapping the keyboard like monkies. We got it, though, and it felt good! Silly enough, I was about to go call the shuttle until the asteroids beat me to it. We also had no AI at the time, low pop server.
Seeing that the Clown made it onto the escape shuttle.
Being traitor chaplain, needing to steal the AI's processor, I needed a head ID desperately.

I was stalking the captain, hoping to get the drop on him when suddenly, he gets poisoned and falls over.

Using the pretext of "dragging him to medbay guys", I run in the direction of the owlery. Suddenly, an assistant comes by, *winks and steals the captain's corpse. He gets chased into maintenance and beaten on by some dude passing by. Yet again, I decide to save the captain from being demolished in the meantime and simply grab his ID before actually dragging him to medbay.

I then raid EVA and fly into space, just before entering the AI Upload and subduing it in order to "upgrade him, ok don't do anything funky".

So yeah I get my neural net processor, everyone is happy.

What made me smile in all that ?

The round ended exactly 12 seconds after concluding this very tense (at least for me) sneaky traitor adventure by tearing the AI's brains out of it's empty core.

Also it's amazing how AI upload was relatively safe of the canister bomb and meteor shower that fucked up the station that round, it was like a heaven of peace inside all this mess
DEAD: Herby Notthercar moans, "help"

DEAD: Ghost (Lana Smackbash) laments, "Nobody can help you now."
DEAD: Ghost (Unknown) laments, "Nobody can help you now."
DEAD: Reginald Hempmaster III wails, "oh"
DEAD: Reginald Hempmaster III moans, "I'm in your body"
DEAD: Ghost (Reginald Hempmaster III) laments, "hey! you're in my body!"
DEAD: Reginald Hempmaster III laments, "thanks for lending me your body"
DEAD: Ghost (Reginald Hempmaster III) moans, "yeah! no problem"
--You are cloning--
Seeing my space friends. Especially bruce/zoey/oddball/Jeb/Rickie/a bunch of others

Using the wrestling belt.

Watching shitty/ignorant/power tripping dudes get god-smacked.

Getting clutch manipulations as an antag on the fly. Saving my own skin with just my charming personality.

Yelling/beating at shitty security players until they cry irl (understand what they did).
Saving somebody who has all three heart problems, 200+ oxy damage, 100+ other damage, and then seeing them on the shuttle later.
Wen something blows up, and i'm the cause of the explosion