Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
god armour a la arc smelter
By creatively combining several reagent-infused items, it is possible to make yourself relatively immune to all but the most destructive forms of damage. An omnizine and charcoal infused heavy armor piece allowed me to chug down anything the bartender could muster and for the most part just shrug it off barring some unstable mutagen making me a dwarf. The issue with this though came as the sugar overdose that eventually took hold as I assume the omnizine or charcoal decayed into sugar, as well as some brain damage.

Perhaps some creative use of strange reagent mixed with a cocktail of chemicals to handle it's negative effects on the living body?

Also, meth armour, discuss.
Maybe you could treat the sugar overdose with insulin.

Is the injector belt a traitor item? because I think the injector belt + magic space armor would be pretty over powered.
atomic1fire Wrote:Maybe you could treat the sugar overdose with insulin.

Is the injector belt a traitor item? because I think the injector belt + magic space armor would be pretty over powered.

You can buy the injector belt from the medical guy on the russian derelict or whatever it is.

You can also buy a special vaporizer mask from the robot salvager man (Carl?) that allows you to set conditions for injecting chemicals (health under 50%, etc).

My primary idea was to have the system self-enclosed with arc smelter items so that they never run out of reagents.
i infused erebite armour with phlogiston and spent 10 minutes continuously exploding every 3 seconds until i died
Dauntasa Wrote:i infused erebite armour with phlogiston and spent 10 minutes continuously exploding every 3 seconds until i died

You could have infused the second component in it with silver sulfazide and maybe worn styptic powder gloves to negate the damage from exploding.
I can just make you too fat for your armor which makes me think that weaponized fat can be a thing now, since fatness gives you many disadvantages.
So does charcoal actually work in the smelter now? It didn't the last time I tried.
Weaponised fat sounds hilarious but there's no consistant way to make someone fat, you have to hope you get lucky with unstable mutagen

a chemical combining reagents representing the greasiest fattiest foods on station that makes you instafat would be great fun

Refried Beans
Cheese
Beer
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Sugar
Beff
Pepperoni
Unstable Mutagen

etc
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:I can just make you too fat for your armor which makes me think that weaponized fat can be a thing now, since fatness gives you many disadvantages.
weaponized fat was already a thing when the best way to defeat a wizard was to cast the chaplain's fat spell on him so he'd burst out of his robes
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:I can just make you too fat for your armor which makes me think that weaponized fat can be a thing now, since fatness gives you many disadvantages.

Spraying unstable mutagen has a pretty good chance of this.
Meth Armour, Mannitol Shoes to counter the brain damage, Omnizine Jumpsuit to counter toxin damage. Foam yourself when you need to flush reagents.
I don't think erebite armors viable anymore, my last attempt to recreate it resulted in a horrific explosion consuming the arc smelter area and tenderizing me to the point of death, and evidently this is a common thing, so I'm going to say anything erebite is a no now...
Wait, could you wear water-infused clothing to the point where you could *piss on command?
hello dear arc smelter jerks : stop exploding erebite onto the cold loop wall

many thanks
Sam Guivene Wrote:I don't think erebite armors viable anymore, my last attempt to recreate it resulted in a horrific explosion consuming the arc smelter area and tenderizing me to the point of death, and evidently this is a common thing, so I'm going to say anything erebite is a no now...
you just have to be careful about it, that's all. you only need one bar.