Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firing Blanks
From the department of get security to arrest you.

Orange toy gun + ammo that fires blanks.

in the same league as toy sabers, cap rounds would make a loud noise, maybe send a "Bang message", show as someone firing the gun, but not fire any bullets.

These would probably be gained from the GM when hacked, or won from one of those video games in a small box with an orange gun.

Trying to fit actual ammo in the orange gun would probably blow your arm off or just flag a message of some sort.
Have them look like rifles and fire out corks. Maybe also have a chance for a windup toy solider's uniform to spawn with it?
doesn't the sound synthesizer borgs can use / drop do exactly this among other things?
They can make gun sounds. That's it. Plus they are borgs, this is for humans.
I like the idea of it being won as a prize. More reason to play those videogames.
Also, it should look like the revolver, but more plasticy. So from a glance, it looks like a revolver. But when you actually look at it properly, mouse over it/read it, it's clearly a toy.

The ammo could be made from a hacked QM manufacturer, under "blank rounds". These blank rounds can be put in *any* gun, for some serious tomfoolery.
Sundance Wrote:I like the idea of it being won as a prize. More reason to play those videogames.
Also, it should look like the revolver, but more plasticy. So from a glance, it looks like a revolver. But when you actually look at it properly, mouse over it/read it, it's clearly a toy.

The ammo could be made from a hacked QM manufacturer, under "blank rounds". These blank rounds can be put in *any* gun, for some serious tomfoolery.

Combine with toysword, and you have a recipe for hilarity and pain.
[quote="Sundance"
The ammo could be made from a hacked QM manufacturer, under "blank rounds". These blank rounds can be put in *any* gun, for some serious tomfoolery.[/quote]

I like the idea of a guy putting blanks into a russian revolver and just...literally -anything- that would happen after that.
Quote:putting blanks into a russian revolver

This is the best idea.
DIY Fake suicide.

Capulettum + blank rounds in the russian revolver.
atomic1fire Wrote:DIY Fake suicide.

Capulettum + blank rounds in the russian revolver.
Pretty sure you bleed on the floor when you lose Russian Roulette though, so uh... I dunno it goes BANG and then you fall to the floor???
Staple yourself first.
More thoughts on firing blanks.

They could be called ring caps and look like this http://www.retroplanet.com/PROD/24878?C ... Mgod7GEAfg

Hooking up the cap gun to the gun component in mechanics could have some funny results, or just be used to confirm that your death trap works without wasting real bullets.