Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AI (No not that AI)
(Yesterday, 10:59 AM)Garash Wrote: I liked it back then in chatrooms, where you'd have dummy bots generating and posting chat messages very occasionally, "trained" on what others typed in the chatroom, but with the rudimentary techniques of the days. Sometimes they'd come up with bangers and everyone would hit them with a "good one (bot)". From what I understand, HeadSurgeon and tg's parrot used to be like that?

I think that something like once every round or two, receiving a message from a "partner station" generated by previous messages to partner stations might help add more life to the universe.

Totally. This could be hilarious if done right.

I'm not saying AI should replace devs. 

At the risk of sounding like a modern C-suite product director, I propose that if there’s a way for developers to create a mechanic where a generative AI chatbot or artbot can generate the absurdly hilarious humor typical of SS13 while expanding the gameplay opportunities for players, it should definitely be considered. However, I’m not knowledgeable enough to fully understand how that would work or what that mechanic would be.
ignoring moral concerns, this would likely have to be a classic server thing, as a partner station spouting random AI nonsense onto the RP servers won't help much.
the entire point of the partner station mechanic is that its cool to get and receive real messages from real players on the other servers playing their own rounds. filling that with generative mush sounds not so good