Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Chem Dispenser in the Afterlife Bar
Context: There is currently no chem dispenser in the afterlife bar zone. It would be nice to have for the sake of making cheese. Alternatively, it would be nice to have a custom afterlife bar kitchen dispenser like the custom botany chem dispenser.
Isn't there a chem dispenser in the botany-minigame zone, directly connected to the afterlife bar?
that one only has botany chems in it
(04-24-2023, 04:14 AM)jckrfc03 Wrote: that one only has botany chems in it

There is a VERY GOOD REASON why there is no chem dispenser there.
I'll give you a moment to think why.
i think its to stop people doing stupid stuff like lagging the server out when they're dead. but adding cheese n stuff seems fair
(04-24-2023, 07:38 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(04-24-2023, 04:14 AM)jckrfc03 Wrote: that one only has botany chems in it

There is a VERY GOOD REASON why there is no chem dispenser there.
I'll give you a moment to think why.

Annoying to make infinite slatpeter, gotcha

There's already a cheesebox inside the fridge in the afterlife bar, and i don't think that you can dump liquids on the ground anywhere in there which would make a cheese dispenser not worthwhile unless it dispensed an object.. which doesn't sound like a good idea.
Couple reasons off the top of my head:

-people would lag the server
-people would stand in there doing secret chem research while dead

Neither of those would be great.
(04-24-2023, 08:40 PM)jan.antilles Wrote: Couple reasons off the top of my head:

This, infinite tries of making chems and I have a "feeling" more will be discovered while doing this as I have found ways to break the game.
Would it be possible to add a way to get more cheese in the afterlife bar then? Having a way to refill on cheese would be nice
(04-25-2023, 06:39 PM)PHLiao Wrote: Would it be possible to add a way to get more cheese in the afterlife bar then? Having a way to refill on cheese would be nice

Just vormit and add milk.
(04-24-2023, 08:40 PM)jan.antilles Wrote: Couple reasons off the top of my head:

-You dont need the afterlife bar to build lag machines

-If someone tries to lag the server, thats an issue with the user, not the lab.
Shutting down an entire feature over the fear of the rare server griefer, who can be banned, is really weird.

-People can make their own local server any time for free to do secret chem research, you don't need an afterlife bar for it.

-People doing secret chem research are nieche, I personally for example wanna use that lab to play around with lethal mixes which may be problematic/inconvenient in a round.

-Why shutting it down anyways?
One can test merge it, see how it goes and if it REALLY turns out to be a real issue, one can always remove it.

-Who the fuck would see a lab in the afterlife bar and think "Yeeeeees, I'm gonna spend a whole shift fruitlessly trying to discover initropidril and then afterwards make the server lag so that I get banned instantly!"

Edit: Holy shit I just noticed this thread is a year old I'm sorry (my points still stand)
I use the Botany Chem Dispenser to get mutations or feed afterlife people mutagen for fun