Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Unique events for maps
Rainbow 
A thought randomly popped off in my head about the possibility of maps getting some unique events to make them feel more "alive" and also maybe make the map's lore more accessible, i'm no coder so i'm not sure how feasible this might be, but i'll give a few things i thought of and hopefully inspire a benevolent coder, who knows...

Nadir: there could be a siphon leak event, in which the miraclium from the siphon infiltrated the plumbing and it could make it so the showers and sinks produce some random chemical for a bit or unless scrubbed. This would give people information on the siphon and let people actually learn about it's existance even if they are new / haven't played science in nadir yet.

Atlas: i know there's an event that adds a location to the long range teleporter (not sure if it's admin triggered only or just very rare) which feels very thematic for Atlas as it's a survey ship, getting a new area to visit would add to the feel of an exploration vessel.

Oshan: getting proper cybersharks instead of replacement meteors could be fun, i know that mob spawning events can be problematic, especially in low pop, but getting like one or two cyber sharks could be interesting when the poplation is higher.
feasible, purely mechanics-wise(at least from how I understand it). I'd like to see this as well.
Cogmap1's should have -something- to do with the incomplete north of the station. Maybe as banal as "The front fell off" maybe a little more messed up. Maybe an infestation of gnomes who dwell in the dark and incomplete places.

Or maybe the observation dome is suddenly covered with a lot of worrying infravision ink messages. I don't know. I just know its an area ripe for things to happen in and not much happens in it now.