Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
New Random event: Portal of Filth
What it is:
A random event (example: a white hole or radiation storm) that opens up multiple portals within the station, spewing out ~500u of filth reagents (sewage, bitters, space ipecac, etc) from each portal. Maybe a few also create that filth monster.

Why it's wanted:
Janitors need something to do when the entire station is clean, filth is usually player-made only so this introduces some variety.

Details: I'd suggest the same portal format as the warping portals- the one that if you walk into it, it teleports you to another place in the station - just that instead of teleporting you, each one would dispense about a water cooler worth of filth.

Please I need something to do as janitor...
would make more sense if a toilet or sink somewhere backed up and spewed it instead
Toilets currently don't have much of a function or reason to interact with them outside of it's quirk with the mario outfit. I could see a sewage back-up random event being a nice way to introduce a reason to interact with toilets.
like the idea of toilets/ maybe sinks/showers, could maybe have a rarer variant pulling from a list of wacky chems...
Yeah, toilets / drains flooding with sewage sounds like a cool event. Gives toilets / showers more purpose again.
(09-20-2024, 11:36 AM)Cal Wrote: would make more sense if a toilet or sink somewhere backed up and spewed it instead

true, but some people may have issues with toilets spewing shit.
I wouldn't, I think that would be awesome and funny as hell and also way more logical than 'poop portals'.

Regardless, I think this is a great idea and would love to see some w
sewer floods.
Here is my idea of some chems that could be used for a "sewage event" pool.
My idea is that the game picks around 10 chems from this list for every sewer flood to ensure a certain level of uniqueness for every sewer event.
And also to simulate the large variety wild stuff you can find in sewer water.
The less common a chem is, the less likely it gets picked as an "ingredient".
Less common chems also appear in smaller quantities than more common ones if picked.

Common

Sewage
Water
Carbon
Compost
Ammonia (p)
Porktonium (fat)
E. Coli

Uncommon

Acetaldehyde (harmful wasteproduct)
Miasma
Formaldehyde (wasteproduct)
Toxic Slurry
Mucus
????
Beff
Blood
Bitters
Green Cheese (fermentation)
Gravy
Meat Slurry
Squeeze (fermentation)
Yoghurt (fermentation)
Bacterial Medium
Denaturated Enzyme
Fartonium
Iron Oxide
Space Fungus
Green Vomit
Acetic Acid
Fish Oil
Sulfur
Nickel
Hydrogen

Rare

Barium (funny wasteproduct with water)
Calomel (mostly cuz it makes you vomit)
Space Ipecac (vomiting)
Synthflesh
Mimicotoxin (funny sewage-induced hallucinations)
Lungrot Bloom
Flourosurfactant (Sewer foam if it contains water)
Smoke Powder (Don't smoke near sewage!)
Bath Salts
Space Glue (sticky)
Toxin
Space Lube (funni)

The event could also spawn some fart gas.
Also I'd say that sewersplosions shouldn't get announced on comms to keep an element of suprise, but instead play a distinct sound when its happening (some pipe groaning/bubbling noise).
The event should also clog up nearby drains, since those tend to be near bathrooms and we don't want our poop flood to be immedially removed by the ship's own plumbing.

Imagine some random staffie entering a bathroom to go shower, only to be met by *the flood*.