Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make AI interaction with VR
make AI can join the VR game an VR toxin bomb test. with original character they set up.
or even make they have personal VR area like detective have.!
I agree, the AI should have god-like power in VR. But give em a special digital avatar that everyone can see to know that they're the AI instead of just having it be their original character. idk, I'm imagining a Cortana looking, blue digital human thing.

Though maybe original character would be enough because that's different from the other VR mobs since it has High-Fidelity compared to the VR humans...
It would be fun if the AI can lock someone in VR when "EMAGGED"

And killing someone in VR kills them in real life stuff.

I know its porbably a terrible idea but funny XD
(09-05-2024, 08:18 AM)Kotlol Wrote: It would be fun if the AI can lock someone in VR when "EMAGGED"

And killing someone in VR kills them in real life stuff.

I know its porbably a terrible idea but funny XD

That used to be how old emagged VR worked, except for the AI being the one to lock em in. Back then it just put you in a special VR zone that was super dangerous and if you died in the game you died in real life. Would be cool to bring it back, but someone has to make the adventure zone. Would be a nice one to keep secret.
the vr maze was just where you went if you emagged a vr bed and someone went in it; it'd just teleport you there instead of making you virtual, and it was full of death
Generally speaking, the AI should -probably- be focusing on their job given the laws 99% of the time, though I can definitely see that being viable to help RD in the bomb test area. I'm definitely not against letting AI into VR but I'd actually suggest making it a borg thing: they're a bit more free, it you could give robotics a thing to do by hooking them up to the CYBERWORLD (or not, that's just a side suggestion) and it doesn't take an AI out of the round from its very important job of opening doors.

Though it would be very funny if the AI can backdoor into the Detective's little VR space.
This could be extended to silicons too and not just the AI, maybe they could get a robot command to connect them when they are near a VR bed.
I feel like you could do something similar to the Detective VR office, where the AI has a VR space that lets them quickly access systems normally spread out across the station.

Heck, I think it would be fun to do more VR and computer interactions. Send files by pulling them out of one virtual file cabinet and sticking them in another
(09-11-2024, 10:08 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I feel like you could do something similar to the Detective VR office, where the AI has a VR space that lets them quickly access systems normally spread out across the station.

Heck, I think it would be fun to do more VR and computer interactions. Send files by pulling them out of one virtual file cabinet and sticking them in another

I appreciate this is somewhat spreading off from the original idea, but this is a regular area of discussion between a few of us on discord too: Some level of detaching AI players from the direct player experience. Partly for a more unique AI experience and partly to encourage information denial/warfare (where you can fool an AI's information flow because to a certain extent (depending on what people are suggesting) what they see isn't on the same level as players or right now where they have nigh-omnipresent camera vision. Having some kind of virtual space to access consoles/access the PDA system would definitely be a way to "distract" the AI's viewpoint.

But that's going a little off subject and a vastly different idea from what's here. So I'll just say "yeah this sounds fun"
That's a great case for it. If you as an antagonist need to distract the AI, create a situation in which the AI needs to dip into virtual space to flip some switches, update some records.

And it could be cute too. Send PDA messages by writing letters and sticking them into a mail chute. Everytime a new Borg is built, a framed picture of them shows hung up in the AI virtual office
Also it a fun way to make AI and human interaction I can imagine clown come to VR just for kick AI butt
(09-11-2024, 10:54 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: That's a great case for it. If you as an antagonist need to distract the AI, create a situation in which the AI needs to dip into virtual space to flip some switches, update some records.

And it could be cute too. Send PDA messages by writing letters and sticking them into a mail chute. Everytime a new Borg is built, a framed picture of them shows hung up in the AI virtual office

If someone shows a note/photo/canvas (we can't do this and its sad) to the camera, it ends up in the virtual space. imagine the coziness.