Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Goonstation September 2024 Contribution Contest
Welcome to Goonstation's autumn season! We hope you've been enjoying the dazzling foliage, the stylish autumn-themed attire in the clothing booth, and other fall festivities from the last few days. More seasonal content is around the corner: a Discount Dan's pumpkin spice latte drink!

This new drink is NOT in the game yet, but it will be soon. It will appear in coffee machines but only during the game's autumn season (so you'll see it every September, October, and November). As Discount Dan's take on the pumpkin spice latte drink, it will naturally feature 15 units of pumpkin space latte, but true to the brand's core, it will also be sweetened with 10 units of very high fructose corn syrup (VHFCS).

Discount Dan's wouldn't be Discount Dan's if its pumpkin spice latte didn't also come in all sorts of random flavors. Most importantly, it will come in flavors designed by YOU. That's right: this contest's theme is fall drink flavors! To submit a potential flavor for this autumn-themed drink, simply reply to this thread with:
  • Your flavor's name.
  • The chemicals inside it. The container has a capacity of 50 units, and base drink mixture takes up 25, so you have 25 units of space left for whatever reagents you desire, within reason. Hit up Chemicals if you're not sure what kind of chems are in the game.
Yep, that's it. You don't need to make a pull request, and unlike the previous contest, you don't even need to make a sprite. A description/flavor text is also optional; it's just something you can add for fun. It's that simple!

You can make multiple flavors, but only one may be entered as your official entry. I don't expect this to be an issue, but your entry should comply with the rules, so don't reference anything sexual.

The deadline for submitting entries is September 22nd! That leaves about twelve days for you to submit an entry. After this there will be a single public poll with all the entries, set to end on September 29.

We're looking for plenty of flavor variety, so this time, the seven entries with the most votes will be added to the game. Contest winners will also get a free sticker of their choosing, made by fellow admins Gannets; his bigcartel storefront shows all the possible stickers you may soon win. Winners also get a Too Cool medal that lets you use shelterbee in-game and in OOC. All entrants, winner and non-winner alike, will get a Fun Times medal, which allows you to become a living participation ribbon as a ghost.
My official entry:
Discount Dan's Autumnal Blend

15u Pumpkin Spice Latte
10u VHFCS
10u Lavender Essence
5u Honey Tea
5u MSG
5u Gravy

Good luck to all who enter!!
SUPER SPICED Pumpkin Latte
(Discount Dans is not responsible for any: Ignition, Incineration, or other deaths caused by the extreme heat of SUPER SPICED pumpkin latte)
- 25u Base drink
- 10u Capsaicin
- 10u Silver Sulfadiazine
- 4u Phlogiston
- .5u Dragon's Breath
- .5u Death Spice
Have you ever seen the spice part of a pumpkin spice latte and been left disappointed when you find none at all? Well with the Brand-New Discount Dan's Triple Spiced Pumpkin Spice Latte™️, you can finally get that kick others lattes simply don't have!
Featuring the patented pumpkin spice blend of 15 units of Pumpkin Spice Latte and 10 units Very High Fructose Corn Syrup, we also include a special triple splice blend made out of 12 units of Capsaicin, 8 units of Phlogiston Dust, and 5 units of Histamine!
Overall this drink is sure to give anyone seeking a Pumpkin Spiced Thrill a good run for their money!

(Cleaner form of submission if you don't want to read the above)
Flavour name: Discount Dan's Triple Spiced Pumpkin Spice Latte
Chemicals Included: 15u Pumpkin Spice Latte & 10u VHFCS (required), 12u Capsaicin, 8u Phlogiston Dust, 5u Histamine
Discount Dan presents this Fall: Our spin on the popular Pumpkin Spice Latte!

PLEASANT PUMPKIN PRESENT!

This year, we wanted to make a drink that brought about feelings of strong nostalgia and the memories of when the family was together for the upcoming holidays (and not arguing about sports and whatever) as well encouraging one to be kind and loving with each other as discounts grow at all participating Discount Dan's Superstores!

The follow product contains:
  • Five units of Pure Love (to induce feelings of nostalgia and pleasant Thanksgivings)
  • Eight units of Caffeine (because what kind of Pick-Me-Up doesn't give you a good energy boost?)
  • Six units of Cannabidiol (inspires further pleasantries on this fine season!)
  • And six units of black powder (for when the pleasantries inevitably go away in the middle of your dinner)
Discount Dan's Fallriety Flavour contains:
Base 25u:
15 Units of Pumpkin Spice Latte
10 Units of Very High Fructose Corn Syrup (VHFCS)

Added Flavours:
10 Units Honey
10 Units Chocolate
05 Units El Diablo Chili

Honey and Chocolate added to sweeten the Pumpkin more, while the Chili helps improve the spice of the latte.
"It's Sweeter and Spicier - Guaranteed to warm you up for those cold days!"
Discount Dan's: pumpkin spice supper
25u base
5u Porktonium
5u gravy
5u bread
5u butter
5u Capulettium

as admin studenterhue had pointed out turkey is not a chemical, duh... so ill choose a nice ham dinner in a can! guaranteed to clog your arteries and give you that post meal nap
Discount Dan's Overly Literal Latte:
25 Base unit
5u Space Lube (Because it's Fall)
2u Syndicate Napalm (Because it's Pumpkin coloured, swap for Napalm goo if Dan's had a health inspection recently)
13u Ecto cooler (because orange, and spooky, and 13 units for spooky orange)
1u Death spice (Because spice)
2u lavender latte (because latte)
2u turmeric powder (because Dan's a cheap jerk who won't use actual pumpkin even in his LITERAL latte (ignoring the base drink)

Customer testimonials:

"It's something that can be drunk!" A.Reálperrson
"I give the following products five out of five stars while being obligated to tell you I have been pai[Redacted for brevity]"
"Why can my pancreas see ghosts?" The Late Reginald Winstanton, Baron of Little Effuflebury

Disclaimer®: Discount™ Dan's™ Overly® Lite®al™ Latte™™ Isintendedfordisplaypurposesonlypleasedonotimbibeconsumefilterdistilorleaveinfrontofchildrenadultsmonkeysormartianspleasedisposeofinamarkedhazardwastebadinlinewithregulationsandstandardsbycomprehendingthismessageyouwaiveanyrightstocomplainimeanwhocomplainsaboutspooktoberanywayyoucantbreagrinchuntildecemberlookyourhairwillgrowbackeventuallyalrightforgetaboutit
Maybe this is isn‘t autumn-themed enough, but ya know how you start seeing christmas products in stores as soon as August ends?

Discount Dan‘s Early Spacemas (Final name pending):
25u base chems
10u of eggnog
5u of cinnamon
5u of chocolate
5u of cholesterol (Thanksgiving‘s riiight in that pre-Christmas time)
Potential flavour text:
Because Spacemas is just [weeks/days until the 25th if that’s possible code-wise] weeks/days away!
(09-10-2024, 08:43 PM)Finnalin Wrote: Discount Dan's: pumpkin spice supper
25u base
5u turkey
5u gravy
5u Southern biscuit
5u butter
5u Capulettium

Hey, "turkey" and "Southern biscuit" are not chemicals in this game. Still, there are some approximations. For example, there are chemicals called "meat slurry" and "bread". Perhaps you want/meant to put those instead? Again, you might want to look at the wiki's chemicals page. I hope this clarifies things; I'm just trying to make sure I understand your entry.
Useful both as a warm autumn drink or placed in a beaker and poured on the clown:

"Toasty Dan's Spiced Latte - 'Gourd Lourd' Dual Spice Flavor"
15u Pumpkin Spice Latte
10u Very High Fructose Corn Syrup
10u Capsaicin ('cinnamon derivative', splash effect, enough to be 'Spicy')
5u Turmeric Powder (colouring, splash effect)
5u Milk (counteracts capsaicin when drunk)
2u Cheese
2u Monosodium Glutamate
Pumpin' Spies Latte

Acquirable from an emagged drinks machine

Two available in each machine, spawns in a barman traitor shot glass
7u Strychnine (35 cycles)
18u Crime
25u Base Chem

Drinking this applies a Orange Paint effect to you for a minute as if you had been shot by a paint shot round from a riot launcher.
(09-10-2024, 11:38 PM)Studenterhue Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 08:43 PM)Finnalin Wrote: Discount Dan's: pumpkin spice supper
25u base
5u turkey
5u gravy
5u Southern biscuit
5u butter
5u Capulettium

Hey, "turkey" and "Southern biscuit" are not chemicals in this game. Still, there are some approximations. For example, there are chemicals called "meat slurry" and "bread". Perhaps you want/meant to put those instead? Again, you might want to look at the wiki's chemicals page. I hope this clarifies things; I'm just trying to make sure I understand your entry.
Oh silly me. I definitely misunderstood and will need to adjust 😅
 Thank you
Discount Dan's Witch's Brew Eye Opening Nightmares
25 base
10 u Ectocooler
7 u Ectoplasm
3 u Occuline
5 u sweet dreams

Sweet dreams will knock you up to sleep with your eyes open and the ectocooler will reveal your sleep paralysis demons.
Spooky Pumpky latty
The limited drink in spooky season.which sweet soft taste of Special Pumkin harvest directly from Hydroponic Farm.
and Special mixture to make your drink become more special !!!!
The Drink contain :
25 unit of base chem ( 15 of Pumkin latte + 10 VHFCS )
10 unit of Psilocybin
10 unit of fartonium
5 unit of Strange green Goop
The chemical is relate color with the drink (except green goop ) also have some funny effect from chemical that not too much harm enough to use for abusive.and funny enough to encourage people to drink.and since it halloween period the ghost stuff should have relate with it so i add strange green goop for it.