Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give gang leaders the option to change their name at roundstart(similar to clown)
I think this would add an extra flair to gang leaders other than their suitcase and locker control. If a gang leader wants to be known they can switch it up so instead of being "Greg Whosthat" theyre seen as "Diamond Tony". Nobody called Kingpin "Wilson Fisk". Alternatively if Greg Whosthat just wants be known as Greg he doesnt have to change his name. Thats all PS3 has no games.
While cool, I am giving this a pass for several reasons:
1: One of the gang objectives is always to kill other leaders, giving them a tag anyone can read hints off your enemies who to target.
2: Xbox series X has no games.

Anyway...the problem with this is how it's implemented... the kingpin and such were aliases to either hide a leaders name or to show force yes.
But in Gangs having you out there saying: "I AM LEADER OF MY GANG" is essentially telling Security who to arrest and execute and other gangs who to kill.

This might be okay in RP for escalation rules , but on classic this is a straight route to beat down village.
I think the gang costumes already make stealth an unlikely thing. That said, I feel it'd be way funnier to give all gang members randomly picked nicknames. Maybe you'll luck out with Angela "the leviathan" deVere, or you're stuck with Richard "mixed pickles" Tussaud. Roleplay it!
I think it's a cool idea. Since we're on the subject, it'd be neat to put the Gang Name in people's name while rocking the gang outfit, or maybe just override the job.
only reason i wouldnt accept it is it would make a nebwie gang leader far too obvious.
(09-04-2024, 12:48 AM)Kotlol Wrote: While cool, I am giving this a pass for several reasons:
1: One of the gang objectives is always to kill other leaders, giving them a tag anyone can read hints off your enemies who to target.
2: Xbox series X has no games.

Anyway...the problem with this is how it's implemented... the kingpin and such were aliases to either hide a leaders name or to show force yes.
But in Gangs having you out there saying: "I AM LEADER OF MY GANG" is essentially telling Security who to arrest and execute and other gangs who to kill.

This might be okay in RP for escalation rules , but on classic this is a straight route to beat down village.

Good point, thats why id suggest an optional name change, personally i play on rp servers so im not keen to how this would go on classic (would it be possible to have a feature like this exclusive to RP? No idea how gooncode actually works). So if you didnt want to flaunt your status as a gang leader you could just keep your default character name.
(09-04-2024, 04:58 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: only reason i wouldnt accept it is it would make a nebwie gang leader far too obvious.

Then they‘d have to find out the hard way. Isn‘t there a minimum of gang rounds played as gangster required to become gang leader? Or was that a nukie-only thing. I suppose you‘re the best person to ask that
(09-05-2024, 02:51 AM)Chasu Wrote: Isn‘t there a minimum of gang rounds played as gangster required to become gang leader? Or was that a nukie-only thing. I suppose you‘re the best person to ask that

I believe just the 5 rounds for team-based antagonists. In addition nukie doesnt have a "minimum" rounds played, it will just always pick anyone who has won as nukie before over anyone who hasnt, so a brand new operative, fresh after 5 rounds and checking Nuclear Operative Commander could be commander if the rest of the team also hasnt won as Operative, though it would be nice to add this to gangs so the leader is more likely to know what they are doing.
I think gangsters having the option to pick custom names for themselves makes a lot of sense in the scheme of things. Randomized names might work too, but it would make it way easier to develop a theme to the gang which makes it way more fun.

Like if your a gang with clown masks you get some circus names, a gang with nice tuxedo's could consider some more mafioso stuff. Maybe there could be a list of prepared titles along with a open name choice.

Like Don (Insert custom name), Sir (Insert Custom Name) Lord (Insert custom name) And so on.
(09-04-2024, 03:02 PM)Glamurio Wrote: I think it's a cool idea. Since we're on the subject, it'd be neat to put the Gang Name in people's name while rocking the gang outfit, or maybe just override the job.

Here's my foldin compromise: Make some kind of ID system where by wearing your full gang gear THAT is when you're using your cool gang name, like a pseudo unknown. 

I'm not hugely invested on either option here but I do think the idea of cool gang names is cool while getting that it paints a big target on people's backs, and unless I'm missing something this lets you do that in a way that also reflects that wearing the full gang gear is basically an open declaration.

EDIT: God knows how it'd be coded though so as always that might ruin the idea completely.

EDIT EDIT THOUGH I CLEARLY INTENDED THIS: Doing it that way also means that people only pick their cool gang names when -together- by their locker to get their uniform and some kind of cohesion might be attempted. Also, it'd stop people instantly noticing you're a gang member before a locker's even down.
What if they could get some way to rename themselves with enough points? Gang IDs that can be worn to let them talk over the radio with their chosen monikers maybe.
(09-09-2024, 08:05 AM)Lefinch Wrote:
(09-04-2024, 03:02 PM)Glamurio Wrote: I think it's a cool idea. Since we're on the subject, it'd be neat to put the Gang Name in people's name while rocking the gang outfit, or maybe just override the job.

Here's my foldin compromise: Make some kind of ID system where by wearing your full gang gear THAT is when you're using your cool gang name, like a pseudo unknown. 

I'm not hugely invested on either option here but I do think the idea of cool gang names is cool while getting that it paints a big target on people's backs, and unless I'm missing something this lets you do that in a way that also reflects that wearing the full gang gear is basically an open declaration.

EDIT: God knows how it'd be coded though so as always that might ruin the idea completely.

EDIT EDIT THOUGH I CLEARLY INTENDED THIS: Doing it that way also means that people only pick their cool gang names when -together- by their locker to get their uniform and some kind of cohesion might be attempted. Also, it'd stop people instantly noticing you're a gang member before a locker's even down.

This is kind of how I envisioned it. Anything to make gang members more obvious, a lot of the costumes are frankly just "normal dude outfit", and that just doesn't stand out much, if they had a big gang tag to go along with it, it'd be better. I also feel like on the note of theme, I really dislike how your spray is chosen for you, would be cool to choose that too alongside the costume (and maybe add more costumes to the selection since we're at it)

(09-09-2024, 01:02 PM)jan.antilles Wrote: What if they could get some way to rename themselves with enough points? Gang IDs that can be worn to let them talk over the radio with their chosen monikers maybe.

My issue with cosmetic purchases like that is that the main goal of modern gangs is point competition, and it's detrimental to the gang to spend points on names when you can spend points on gear.

However, this could work as a free point unlock. Say, you reach a point threshold, your gang is now "known" and you can brand yourself, free of charge.
(09-10-2024, 01:13 AM)Glamurio Wrote: My issue with cosmetic purchases like that is that the main goal of modern gangs is point competition, and it's detrimental to the gang to spend points on names when you can spend points on gear.

However, this could work as a free point unlock. Say, you reach a point threshold, your gang is now "known" and you can brand yourself, free of charge.

Yeah, this is what I meant. It just unlocks once you reach a threshhold. It also allows the names to be more thematic, if you can pick them based on the things you've been doing or something like that.
it could work with it being bound to the gang outfits later on. i've been pondering where gang members can sink their points later on, and monikers being part of some other upgrade would be neat.