Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spooktober gimmick job ideas
Spooktober is only a month away, and with Spooktober comes a bunch of gimmick jobs.  Here's some ideas for more.

Discount Wizard:  Comes with fuzzy slippers, a bathrobe, an apprentice cap, and a mop.  Could come with a ring for one of the more gimmicky wizard spells, but I'm not sure there are any bad enough.  Could also come with a fake beard that goes in the mask slot, if anyone wants to sprite that.
Discount Goku:  Spawns as a monkey.  Comes with a chainmail hauberk, a crown, and a wizard staff.
Super Spy:  Comes with a dirty rag, eyepatch (possibly preperforated), and the costume sneaking suit.  Also has a cardboard box in their backpack.
Powergamer:  Comes with unsulated gloves, garbage flip-flops, tanning sunglasses, a bottle of bath salts, and a toy sword.  Murderhobo to your heart's content!
Discount Zombie:  Spawn dead.
Space Cowboy:  Spawn as a hummmmman with a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, poncho, badge, and a fake revolver (flag in the barrel version).  Or possibly a foam dart gun.
Good idea with this thread, ty for starting it!

Most of the gimmick jobs you’re suggesting sound pretty fun and flavorful, though I will note that we’ve been trying to move away from jobs that encourage / appear to condone antag-lite or antisocial play (rip discount superhero).

Also if anyone would like to PR any of these / their ideas, please feel free to! Same with Spooktober features and additions in general.
Discount spessman: Comes with a really old space suit costume that doesn't work, backpack replaced with a jetpack with no gas in it.
Discount [random job]: The exact same as any other job but all of your items have discount as a prefix and your first name is replaced with discount. Also has a 1 credit salary.
Discount chemistry dispenser: A person with a backpack full of boxes and a bunch of basic chemicals and a syringe for one arm.
Discount Security Assistant: A normal assistant but spray painted red.
Yesssss. I loooooove Spooktober!
a cookie monster... you get a trash can outer suit, and a box of cookies.
Nanotrasen Sanitation Operative: galoshes, purple beret, turtleneck, and a belt of tacticool cleaning gadgets like a collapsable mop.
Time traveller - Kinda looks like the Doc from Back to the Future or something. And maybe pulls random objects from azones.
Make a ghost become real job and his job is haunt the crew in sppoktober
Jones/Sylvester/Morty/etc costumes. 

The Jones one is just the fishbowl helm and lets you trip everyone by weaving through their legs meow. 
Sylvester costume for some reason comes with four different coloured berets: Red, Blue, Purple and Orange. No idea why dude but it would be radical. Cowabunga.
Morty costume lets you feign death
Rocko costume lets you wraith whisper to people, but only about forbidden TEG knowledge. Also you have a cute hat. 

Bonus: George the Surplus Syndicate supply duck costume. Because George is real and our failure to appease him is why we keep getting two barrel of monkey crates.
plant monster that just spawns you as a kudzuperson

probably with a small round gate
When StirStir dies during spooktober, a player ghost will be chosen to play as the ghost of Stirstir, like a mini-wraith of sorts.

Discount Nuclear Operative (only sold in packs of 1): Red cape and bucket hat, with a plastic knife and re-deployable bomb baloon. Maybe with a foam dart shotgun or rifle? Or a gimmick revolver (this one is extra meh because it‘s basically an antag-lite)
(09-05-2024, 06:27 AM)meaow589 Wrote: Make a ghost become real job and his job is haunt the crew in sppoktober

Ghosts can actually kind of do that already during spooktober, they can write on the floor and spawn spooky things.
(09-05-2024, 11:15 PM)BatElite Wrote: plant monster that just spawns you as a kudzuperson

probably with a small round gate

Considering Kudzu people are considered non-human and have no protections I'm against this. You could join and then anyone could kill you. I'd say it should spawn you with one of those big red flowers that botany can grow and some other plant clothing.

other than that an idea I just had would be instead of tourists you could have trick or treaters
(09-06-2024, 03:31 AM)freedo5 Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 06:27 AM)meaow589 Wrote: Make a ghost become real job and his job is haunt the crew in sppoktober

Ghosts can actually kind of do that already during spooktober, they can write on the floor and spawn spooky things.

I mean I have see the ghost become mail man and send mail around station.
I want a job about ghost with tool about ghost more.
-ghost buster from security department come up with combat gear that use for fight ghost! Ectogun , ectogoggle
-shaman frowncivilian) the mediator between of 2 world come up with echo eye and ouija board.