Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
i think ghosts should be able to observe the adventure / centcom z level (z2)
then you run into artificial restrictions between rooms of the same zone (think ladders/elevators), necessitating some way to get around those anyway; or even at that point you aren't actually able to browse z2 at all, you're just an intangible mob that can only see around someone else

the stuff on z2 is between 12 and 6 years old, surely it isn't critical that we somehow still keep it under wraps

---

e: because i cannot help but bash my head into the same wall over and over, all of these restrictions are in the service of "we don't want to spoil people who haven't been there" for content that is both publicly visible, very old, and also completely ignorant of the "huh i wonder where this place is i'd like to explore it". being a ghost doesn't let you solve puzzles, it just lets you see where the puzzles are
as someone who hasnt done much azoning, i kinda prefer only being able to see it if i spectate someone cuz it keeps the mystery but also lets me still check on how my buds who didnt die are doing. i still get to see stuff i havent seen alive before, but i dont get to see EVERYTHING and i prefer that

centcom kicking you to spawn when u ghost over it tho is annoying yeah. id like if that was observeable
Secret content is just secret to avoid spoiling others. If someone REALLY wanted to look up secret stuff they can do that themselves. Hell the discord even has a secrets channel that you just opt into if you don't mind getting spoiled on stuff.
I mean I don't really care one way or the other if adventure zone and admin zone are unhidden but I feel like if you unhide it for ghosts that will take away some of the fun mystery.
my take on it is that someone who doesn't want to be spoiled can simply not go there, while people who already know everything and want to look around or just go exploring can't. all someone has to do to not spoil themselves is not go looking off the main z-level.

again, for content that is largely 8 or more years old at this point.
I assume you can't use teleport command outside station level as ghost, yes? I don't think it's not an issue if so, because it means you would need someone to do azone to observe it.
Maybe to ensure the player, whom may be new. Dont accidentally spoil themselves while they did not want to, but simply did not know that the area they left to was "spoiler area". Once could simply put a confirmation when you teleport to the zlevel that the area will have spoilers from the "full experiance" of going in unaware
(09-09-2024, 12:47 AM)0oze Wrote: Maybe to ensure the player, whom may be new. Dont accidentally spoil themselves while they did not want to, but simply did not know that the area they left to was "spoiler area". Once could simply put a confirmation when you teleport to the zlevel that the area will have spoilers from the "full experiance" of going in unaware

Potentially a feature where upon trying to spectate Z2 for the first time in a round the player gets a popup "Warning, this area may contain spoilers for certain adventure zones, are you sure you would like to continue?" with an extra option to permanently enable "Spoiler Spectating"
(09-09-2024, 02:22 AM)JORJ949 Wrote: Potentially a feature where upon trying to spectate Z2 for the first time in a round the player gets a popup "Warning, this area may contain spoilers for certain adventure zones, are you sure you would like to continue?" with an extra option to permanently enable "Spoiler Spectating"

This one should be great idea.i think the same of you just show interface to warning before observe is really enough to prevent yourself from spoiler (and also can prevent random observe people in az.
(09-09-2024, 12:47 AM)0oze Wrote: Maybe to ensure the player, whom may be new. Dont accidentally spoil themselves while they did not want to, but simply did not know that the area they left to was "spoiler area". Once could simply put a confirmation when you teleport to the zlevel that the area will have spoilers from the "full experiance" of going in unaware

I really like this idea. Just a confirmation each round the first time someone tries to enter the spoiler Zlevels. Then they have no one to blame but themselves if they get spoiled.
Speaking as someone who isn't spoilered and has a pathological dislike of being fed even basic knowledge (I should frankly have taken happily instead of learning departments the hard way and terribly as a result) and entirely personal opinion: I feel like the idea of someone accidentally wandering into an azone as a ghost while spectating, and not having enough time to go "Wait I don't want to know" and go somewhere else and in that time period picking up some dread secret of how the azone works or what wibbly jibbly lurks beneath the deep dark seems less likely than accidentally hovering over two people openly making secret chems or observing someone picking up and doing all the debris field stuff.

You also have the risk of

Deadtalk: Casper: Wow I can't believe they cracked the nut using the scrimbly wimbly!
Deadtalk: Fortunato: For the love of god Casper why are you telling me out loud.

I think you either twist the cap off the old can or you don't for the most part. If you keep the lid on maybe having a clarification on -when- if ever such things move from out of the shroud of secrecy.