Thread Rating:
  • 63 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Craftable floors walls and windows, but they're made of other materials. Granted, I'm not as knowledgable of Goonstations' craftables, but on other servers you can grow carpet as well as glowing grass to replace the floors. I'm suggesting something more simple and stupid- if you have enough of an item (say ramen) you can turn them into walls or floors with an accompanying texture (ramen floors), sorta like minecraft or terraria
(08-05-2024, 02:00 PM)Draugrtona Wrote: Craftable floors walls and windows, but they're made of other materials. Granted, I'm not as knowledgable of Goonstations' craftables, but on other servers you can grow carpet as well as glowing grass to replace the floors. I'm suggesting something more simple and stupid- if you have enough of an item (say ramen) you can turn them into walls or floors with an accompanying texture (ramen floors), sorta like minecraft or terraria

You can make walls from other stuff yeah, namely cardboard from the ghost drones, very fragile.

Goon botanists can grow grass to place down but not carpet, but a floor planner can place carpets down
You can smoke carpet to make carpet.
Make azone that has vary of random atmosphere especial molitz B /plasma / Fart /CO2 for scientist get in there and harvest it.
Random event: "Merchant shuttle failure"

Insted of docking correctly.. the merchant crashes their shuttle drunkenly in a random location of the station, causing massive damage and their stock littered on the ground.
It's kinda like a white hole but more explosive with debris everywhere.
(08-06-2024, 01:59 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Random event: "Merchant shuttle failure"

Insted of docking correctly.. the merchant crashes their shuttle drunkenly in a random location of the station, causing massive damage and their stock littered on the ground.
It's kinda like a white hole but more explosive with debris everywhere.

Would be kinda cool, especially with rare items like syndie stuff, voltrons, and, best of all, plutonium cores.
Cool and i'm 100% up for this but it should be relatively rare, given the random events we have that do damage (id es, meteor swarms) come with hefty warning that lets you compensate for a missing engineering team. Drunken bender merchant out of nowhere might be a bit more disasterous as a regular gig.
You could of course just haveit smash into station exterior, like getting tangled up in the solars or a random place. Treasure hunt + whoopsie. Less round-ending instagibbing for most too.
W/L rate of antag vs security so it's easier to balance game whatever (There is no objective way to know if the player is winning)
The alternative to that: A little "crime-o-meter" dial the crew can set at round start to decide how spicy they want their antags.
(Emaggable)
(08-05-2024, 01:43 PM)NanoDano Wrote:
(08-03-2024, 09:44 AM)Mouse Wrote: To deal with the problem of staffies and clowns eating all of sec's donuts, I propose that a donut dispenser be added to Security on all maps.  It would contain glazed donuts, jelly donuts, bavarian creme filled donuts, cinnamon rolls, apple fritters, bear claws, and, if hacked, a box of a dozen starving, crazed weasels.

It could be just like the nukie barrier dispenser but for donuts

It is very important that it be able to run out.
Seems like my silly event was not questionable at all XD
A device that is like proximity sensor but it's for restraining order. If someone keep pestering around, trying to assasinate, or trying to keep fighting someone, just set the name of the person who is being bothered, then set up the tile radius and put the device/implant on the culprit. Everytime the culprit getting near the victim or removimg the device, it will alert security.

This will not be too annoying at all and there won't be an issue of the alert getting set off over some guys just coincidentally passing by /s
(08-06-2024, 05:44 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 01:43 PM)NanoDano Wrote:
(08-03-2024, 09:44 AM)Mouse Wrote: To deal with the problem of staffies and clowns eating all of sec's donuts, I propose that a donut dispenser be added to Security on all maps.  It would contain glazed donuts, jelly donuts, bavarian creme filled donuts, cinnamon rolls, apple fritters, bear claws, and, if hacked, a box of a dozen starving, crazed weasels.

It could be just like the nukie barrier dispenser but for donuts

It is very important that it be able to run out.

Make the box of starving weasels a traitor item similar to monkeys in a barrel. make it only appear in surplus crates
gall stone disease
Acute condition when you eat too much lipid food
A new azone that atmosphere is fallout gas