Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Lower the pop atlas is available at
Atlas is a cute map, but I think it can cause servers to get trapped in lowpop cause of a couple reasons. People may see it's atlas and not want to join because it's either low enough pop for atlas, the server is too populated for atlas etc.

Atlas to me feels like a very lowpop map, I don't see why it should be available to vote for over 20 pop. When atlas is voted in around that pop it either depops the server or crams too many people in a tiny map. I'd cut it off at 15 pop, personally.
For me I always vote for atlas if it show up cause I like that map.
I'm in support. High pop Atlas is never fun.
Good idea, I avoid Atlas at higher pop since it's cramped and usually all job posts are taken.
Im the opposite, Atlas is my favorite and I rarely get to play it cause nobody ever votes for it
I put in a pr to do exactly this a while ago, but it staled so I'm assuming the devs prefer it being voteable even at 30 pop. which is... not something I personally agree with, but I'm not The Gamefeel Arbiter or anything
Bump because I think this is a good idea. 15 sounds like a good cutoff point. With 20 people there's nowhere near enough space to do crime.
I used to main Goon2. I have played many, many lowpop shifts on Atlas.

I think the cutoff point is fine where it is - 20 players, or even 15 players as is suggested in the thread, would be way too little. Atlas is small - but it's a complete station with engineering, science, medbay, botany, ranch, bar, kitchen, etc. Trust me - any *less* than 25 players and it feels completely dead.

30pop limit results in sometimes 40pop Atlas rounds which, while chaotic, are quite fun. I feel like with the population decline of 1, at least, the small size of Atlas gives a chance for the old-school concentrated chaos of when Goon1 had a much higher population - everyone is crammed together, and a lot is happening, but in a fun way.