Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Small UI/function change (AFK indicator)
As of composing this, closing the game window will cause your character to have a "zzz" icon above their head to signal being AFK/away. What I suggest here is just adding the ability to do it manually instead of having to close and reopen the game every time you need to leave the computer. That's all, really.
as someone who frequently steps away from the game for a minute or two at a time for health/medical reasons, an opt-in "I am temporarily away from the game but will return shortly" is something I would personally love, with the understanding that using an "AFK" one does not provide the same protections as someone who is actually SSD

edit: changed thread title to mention the "AFK indicator" idea
Only thing I worry about is people using an AFK setting as a trick to ambush people. Maybe Im overthinking it though.
It should make you have the actual "sleep" affect so you can't see/hear anything and maybe make it take you a few seconds to wake up. so that you can't do it willy nilly
that makes it de-facto worse than simply logging out.

(07-11-2024, 08:29 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Only thing I worry about is people using an AFK setting as a trick to ambush people. Maybe Im overthinking it though.

a one or two second wait after disabling it might be okay but i don't think it's needed. make it clear that afk is simply just for informational purposes and if someone tries to pull that shit they can eat a ban for it
(07-11-2024, 08:29 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Only thing I worry about is people using an AFK setting as a trick to ambush people. Maybe Im overthinking it though.

Agreed, though as always balancing around the lowest common denominator is detrimental. If someone does that to you, ahelp it, it'll sort itself out.
(07-11-2024, 09:44 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: It should make you have the actual "sleep" affect so you can't see/hear anything and maybe make it take you a few seconds to wake up. so that you can't do it willy nilly

And should take a half minute to recover from SSD which is good idea!
(07-13-2024, 02:47 AM)meaow589 Wrote:
(07-11-2024, 09:44 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: It should make you have the actual "sleep" affect so you can't see/hear anything and maybe make it take you a few seconds to wake up. so that you can't do it willy nilly

And should take a half minute to recover from SSD which is good idea!

We call that the "Non Premium Byond Acount clause" :P

Also this would hamper anyone with lag spikes.