Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.13 Average
Remove AEX from merchants on RP.
Thumbs Down 
Recently, there have been a few particularly awful rounds in which a traitor has acquired a large amount of credits, proceeded to buy AEX in bulk , and then rule the station with essentially infinite ammo. Not exactly my idea of an engaging RP round, save it for classic! Thus my suggestion to remove AEX, as I doubt much will be lost.
Highly agree. if people are really that upset about outright removing it, giving it a hard stock of like, 1-3 would at least make it less viable. I'd still like it removed wholesale, though. I know a lot of people like to joke about how RP is so "low violence" but rampages are almost never compelling - even when escalated - and this is almost *always* how they happen. Playing as sec and fighting this is typically a very one-sided situation as well and rarely ends in anything but a total wipe if they happen to REALLY powergame it and bring some stims, even with a HoS present. The insult to injury being that it gibs corpses is just salt on the wound, as well.

There's been a lot of really miserable rounds on RP lately due to this kind of thing and I'm absolutely in favor of giving AEX the AXE...
Eh, dislike this. I think space 12 rampage is getting too common in 3, but to just remove something from RP because antag could be too destructive? That seems a bit excessive because there are still many rampage items that can be used. I would rather that aex/space 12 got nerfed or get the price raised.

Also, might want to ahelp people who keep rushing to rampaging.
Wholeheartedly agree with removal. Speaking as someone who basically only played on 4, where there's maybe one or two rampages a month (from my observation! Could be wrong.) to coming to 3, I've already seen a bunch of AEX rampages. Quickly drained me, but I can't speak on others. Even if not a full removal, limiting them severely would make me much happier given that a half-determined antagonist can get so many at their current state.
(05-14-2024, 11:46 PM)Emimiyu Wrote: Eh, dislike this. I think space 12 rampage is getting too common in 3, but to just remove something from RP because antag could be too destructive? That seems a bit excessive because there are still many rampage items that can be used. I would rather that aex/space 12 got nerfed or get the price raised.

I'm also alright with upping the cost or (preferably) putting a limit on the stock for the ammunition as an alternative to removing it. My problem with the AEX rampages is that there's nothing stopping an antag from leaving the entire shift to raid safes for bullions and then just buy an absolute shitload of AEX ammo from an unlimited stock via CARL. Like... The SPES is already an extremely strong gun on it's own, and you get a generous amount of regular buckshot from it's initial purchase. The fact that you can acquire even stronger ammunition this easily and in unlimited amounts on RP is... odd, IMO.
Personally, I don't want to see it fully removed. I would rather prefer to see something akin to a stock limit, price hike, or both when it comes to AEX.
(05-15-2024, 12:02 AM)Kateaclysm Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 11:46 PM)Emimiyu Wrote: Eh, dislike this. I think space 12 rampage is getting too common in 3, but to just remove something from RP because antag could be too destructive? That seems a bit excessive because there are still many rampage items that can be used. I would rather that aex/space 12 got nerfed or get the price raised.

I'm also alright with upping the cost or (preferably) putting a limit on the stock for the ammunition as an alternative to removing it. My problem with the AEX rampages is that there's nothing stopping an antag from leaving the entire shift to raid safes for bullions and then just buy an absolute shitload of AEX ammo from an unlimited stock via CARL. Like... The SPES is already an extremely strong gun on it's own, and you get a generous amount of regular buckshot from it's initial purchase. The fact that you can acquire even stronger ammunition this easily and in unlimited amounts on RP is... odd, IMO.

Tbh, yeah limiting the stock is better than removal (probably could apply this to heisenbee too). Like what happen to armory buckshot
Removing it is mistake from my point of view. I agree with limiting the stock tho
agree with Destrucnope the problem is too much ammo for it which easily to get by merchant C.A.R.L so limit of it should be more reasonable than delete it. my suggestion was restrict to 5-10 set and increase price to make more effort to buy it.
There's what happening on rp? I don't see why that requires a code change, that sounds like something that should be ahelped immediately. I hope you did when it happened.
(05-15-2024, 05:19 AM)Meggal Bozale Wrote: There's what happening on rp? I don't see why that requires a code change, that sounds like something that should be ahelped immediately. I hope you did when it happened.

Agreed, rampages without buildup like that should be ahelped.

In geberal, i would rather see an increase in the amounts of lethals on station. Especially for sleepers, which gotten awfull to a degree (due to nerfs like the one proposed here) they needed to get syndicate deaddrops. This means a removal of aex is the complete opposite of what i would like to see happening.

A stock limit looks fine, then again this is still a player rather than a balance issue. Security getting armory gear should be plenty capable to handle someone with a shotgun an aex ammo.
I personally think aex should be a limited stock of like 2 to 5. Thats all
I’d agree with the idea of just giving it a limited stock of 1-3 boxes instead of removing it entirely. If that sort of change does not work, then removal/a more substantial change can be brought back to the table with the failure of that less substantial change as justification.
I think I'd be most in favour of upping the price and making there a limited stock, though it should be very limited, seeing as I've seen stations fully wiped with AEX and it is just... not a fun round for anyone but the traitor.
I don't see what an ammo limit does unless someone is decidedly running it into the ground. And to repeat my previous statement, I would rather see the player be addressed before the mechanic they're using. It's not like there aren't many other similarly accessible things that a player could do to burn a station to the ground.