Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Make Disease chemical actually makeable.
While browsing on the wiki, I keep seing a lot of fun disease chemical being only available trough art injector. For me, this is a loss, because a lot of those disease are actually really funny but we never see them happen on the stations because of how rare they are. So my idea is to make more of them actually makeable. It can be hard, it could be a secret recipe, but the perspective of it being achievable is already more fun!I also think that only the fun and mostly not too lethal disease should be makeable (so no high fever and concentrated initropidril) Tell me what you think about this!

Edit: Just to precise: they are not contagious (check the wiki!).It's more just a chem that do funny thing (turn you into a monke, a clown, teleport you around) Like Kotlol said, it's basicly poison with a fancy disease interface.
We had a department for it.....

We got rid of it since every round some jerk ass kept causing pandemics or some dumbass let a parasite or disease out.
This was during the COVID Pandemic and people didn't enjoy the game due to every round being told to "MASK UP"

I am however, okay with diseases being in artifacts. Not so much being in chem science.
Most of the disease chems on the wiki are absolutely brutal and for very damn good reason artifact/poison bottle-only. These chems are rare discoveries and the reward from artbeaker.

I don't see any good reason why most these should be produceable.
(05-10-2024, 02:06 AM)Destrucnope Wrote: While browsing on the wiki, I keep seing a lot of fun disease chemical being only available trough art injector. For me, this is a loss, because a lot of those disease are actually really funny but we never see them happen on the stations because of how rare they are. So my idea is to make more of them actually makeable. It can be hard, it could be a secret recipe, but the perspective of it being achievable is already more fun!I also think that only the fun and mostly not too lethal disease should be makeable (so no high fever and concentrated initropidril) Tell me what you think about this!

I never play pathology like you before and I want it back too. But many people don’t want it so we can’t change them sadly
I like to add the impact pathology had when it was on.

Imagine... art science finding a bomb every round and it going off, destroying half the station and now the entire shift is dedicated to building science again.

That's the impact it had. Every round it was 2 pandemics where we all had to stay in medbay till they turned off pathology for the shift.
Repeat that for 2 days and admins/devs turned it off.

This is why we don't want em in chems to make it return. Unless the chem diseases aren't "contagious" at all. Then I have no problem with 'em since now it's just another poison.

Artsci is fine since no one controls that.
I agree with Kotlol, as long as the diseases are completely non-contagious, I think it'd be neat if we had a few more chemicals to mess around with as poison.
there are plenty of highly lethal poisons without "you fucking explode" being one of them
We even already do have poisons that make you explode haha I don't think adding patho chems to the pool would really add much. They were designed for a different system, if you want more chem poisons then I think it would be better to design some new ones with the chem system in mind instead of trying to explain how chemists are making patho viruses out of chemicals
(05-11-2024, 06:34 AM)JOELED Wrote: We even already do have poisons that make you explode haha I don't think adding patho chems to the pool would really add much.  They were designed for a different system, if you want more chem poisons then I think it would be better to design some new ones with the chem system in mind instead of trying to explain how chemists are making patho viruses out of chemicals

Well technically life did come to be via a chemical reaction supposably.
But.. that's super science speculation.

It would just be fun for doctors having to cure a "chemical" disease and antagonists brewing these diseases and putting them in drinks.
Kinda like "They poisoned the water well"

Heck some diseases just appear in water sources if left unchecked.
So yea...
It's more different from Chem Poisons. As that is mostly cured with charcoal, flushing the system and such.
A disease means doctors gotta go with a more active approach of cleansing it. Thus making doctoring more fun.
I like your edit reason lmao