Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removed maxsec access from beepsky
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[input wanted] [Balance]
About the PR
removes the maxsec AKA HoS access from beepsky.

Why's this needed?
Considering you can pull bots to open up doors, being able to super easily open up the armory with just a bot is a little much. And to be honest, beepsky probably doesn't need maxsec access anyways.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
This seems fair.
why not just patch the pullbug; beepsky deserves armory access, he's beepsky after all, who else is going to save hos from the changeling in the armory?
making beep unpullable seems good, it would also make him not so trivial to kill
You still can use sec pdas to tell beepsky to head to an area in order to enter into places.
maybe remove the armory access from the basic/nonhos sec pdas and call it a day. Nerfing beepsky should never happen
I'll look into making beeps unpullable. I'm not 100% sure how but I'll look into it

EDIT: also, you can't PDA them to enter the armory. I tested it and they couldn't enter that way.
(01-12-2022, 06:06 PM)Merlin1230 Wrote: I'll look into making beeps unpullable. I'm not 100% sure how but I'll look into it

EDIT: also, you can't PDA them to enter the armory. I tested it and they couldn't enter that way.

Mustve gotten fixed, making them unpullable should be as easy as anchoring beepsky however thatd lead to issues such as being unable to shove beepsky  through mass drivers.
making beepsky unpullable would remove the ability to drag static securitrons across hallways to catch crimers or people who pull weapons on you.

why not just fix the pulling-opens-doors issue?
(01-12-2022, 08:23 PM)Zafhset Wrote: making beepsky unpullable would remove the ability to drag static securitrons across hallways to catch crimers or people who pull weapons on you.

why not just fix the pulling-opens-doors issue?

yea thats what i was thinking
Oh, I thought froggit meant not being able to pull them.

Let me open up a new thread for something else then
i do sometimes set beepsky on lockdown for the armory during times when it is being harassed, it would be nice to have their access kept, its honestly preferable to just fix the pull bug
can't he just slip between doors instead like floorbots
give all doors a little beepsky door
Even better idea Beepsky can now phase through walls. You can run but you can’t hide from the Stunbot of Justice.