Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyborgs
Kaet Wrote:
icarus Wrote:does this mean borgs need to stop people from getting borged because they're getting their brain cut out
Borgs no longer need to prevent harm. They just need to make sure they are not causing harm.
So borgs can allow brains to be cut out, but they can not themselves cut the brain out.
...Then why do mediborgs have saws and scalpels?
I think borgs can probably weigh the benefits against the costs in their harm analysis when it comes to surgery. We use robotics in surgery even today, so the thought that we would abandon that in the future is kinda silly to me.
Different kind of robotics. For starters it's all controlled by a human, it's not automatic, much less controlled by a sapient AI.

But yes, why do MediBorgs have scalpels and circular saws if they're not supposed to perform surgery?
I'm aware that the robotics used in surgery aren't artificially intelligent, thanks. Just think it'd be ridiculous to stop using robots in surgery simply because they have been granted intelligence. That'd only make them better at it.
This is kind of an unrelated note but maybe it'd be cool to let players who can play Head of Security to pick the security borg module when they spawn in?
jflan17 Wrote:I'm aware that the robotics used in surgery aren't artificially intelligent, thanks. Just think it'd be ridiculous to stop using robots in surgery simply because they have been granted intelligence. That'd only make them better at it.

Well, in the context of SS13 I can think of very good reasons not to let sapient AIs perform surgery on humans...

Which is why it should happen.
Firepower Wrote:This is kind of an unrelated note but maybe it'd be cool to let players who can play Head of Security to pick the security borg module when they spawn in?

NO
At this point if feels like this thread has degraded to rule lawyering and as such has forgotten the big picture, how to make the game more interesting. In the interest of improving the game experience for both the player who has become a cyborg as well as those people who really want surgery I feel that is would only make sense to allow the cyborg to place a human on the operating table to use the tools already available to it, and even if some people would try to abuse it I am sure the admins could weed them out in short order.
On second though, this change would make a lot of rogue construction borgs choose mediborg instead because disarming is fun.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:...Then why do mediborgs have saws and scalpels?
They've never been able to use them for anything else than hitting people with so that is a mystery