Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
change who is considered human by the AI to include mutantraces
Like i said earlier, "humanoid" would make a good compromise, as most if not all bipedal species are considered humanoid.
Monkeys are humanoid.  Vampires are humanoid.  Werewolves are humanoid.  Lings are humanoid.
i think changing the actual laws is unnecessary, changing the wiki/rules to designate those mutantraces (lizard, roach, squid, cow) as human would be enough to solve the problem
(05-02-2021, 09:13 PM)Retrino Wrote: i’m genuinely curious as to the reasons for why they shouldn’t be considered human… since they’re covered by grief rules regardless

Because think about the AI and Borg point of view. If Law 1 says only HUMANS need to be obeyed then yeah they see these nonhumans and can just ignore them if they want but it doesnt give them carte blanche to murder them because of Rule 1 saying not to grief. Same reason borgs and AI can't just randomly kill monkey players.

Also people saying it just adds confusion and nothing else I don't agree with you. It adds some flavor to the round. Is the AI and borgs going to be jerks to nonhumans this round? Are they going to just ignore that they are nonhumans and just treat them the same? I think it lets the AI and borgs have some leeway to how they wish to play their roles right now.
(05-03-2021, 10:09 AM)Mouse Wrote: Monkeys are humanoid.  Vampires are humanoid.  Werewolves are humanoid.  Lings are humanoid.

Okay, humanoid unless proven otherwise-
I'd be fine with making mutant races human (except monkeys because I still need to be able to do mad monkey science with npc monkeys)
(05-03-2021, 10:39 AM)TheRealFlapJackson Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 10:09 AM)Mouse Wrote: Monkeys are humanoid.  Vampires are humanoid.  Werewolves are humanoid.  Lings are humanoid.

Okay, humanoid unless proven otherwise-

humanoid is a physical description. if it's bipedal and has two arms and two legs and a head on top, proportioned roughly like an upright human, I think most people would generally consider it humanoid. even a changed werewolf, despite having digitigrade legs, could be considered humanoid, especially if something like roaches are as well.

I haven't played in ages so my actual opinion on if mutantraces should be elevated isn't really relevant, but I do think that if it is changed, "humanoid" is definitely not the way to go about it and would cause the kind of confusion that the change is supposedly meant to solve.
All Ids should come with an official "Human" pass, and the crew records should have an entry for whether someone is considered human or not

Have an ID card and are a cow? Human
Don't have an ID card and are a cow? Ask AI to check your record
Don't have an ID or a valid record? Shit outta luck
(05-03-2021, 05:08 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: All Ids should come with an official "Human" pass, and the crew records should have an entry for whether someone is considered human or not

Have an ID card and are a cow? Human
Don't have an ID card and are a cow? Ask AI to check your record
Don't have an ID or a valid record? Shit outta luck

This runs into the "vampires and changelings are human now" issue.

Honestly we should just stop trying to find a lore explanation and just move the roundstart mutant races to the "human" section of the wiki page and tell anyone still confused to look at the wiki.
Cmon file them as "begrudgingly human"
I still think we should leave this up to the AI and borgs as a way for more crew interaction and RP purposes.
This debate has been coming back time and time again.
Never have I seen many borgs or AIs really struggle to figure out how to NOT GRIEF people. Common sense and decency should take a hold here.

The current state of it all seems fine.
How many times do you see borgs actively seeking out cow-people or roach-people to squash them for no reason? That is griefing and already not allowed by the rules.

Problem is; you cannot put all the special cases into one simple law - without bloating it into a wall of text.
The current lawset for AIs seems to work just fine.
As someone who almost exclusively plays cow, I agree with bloat. It shouldn't have to be explicitly stated not to fuck with people.

On the other hand, this would make there be no second guessing or excuses whatsoever if someone starts attacking a bovine and admins can deal with it swiftly.
"You may not injure a human, or demi-human being or cause one to come to harm."

designate mutant races as demi-humans
(05-04-2021, 08:19 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I still think we should leave this up to the AI and borgs as a way for more crew interaction and RP purposes.

inb4 racist ai