Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
force more heads for rev rounds
I know it's hard to do, forcing people to play roles isn't something some would like and it's hard to do it without making it obvious it's revs, but I think more objectives during rev rounds are necessary. 

I played a 40 pop oshan round with a captain and a MD; MD dies and captain was in trench. 5 minute round. That's not uncommon.

I know that people used to be autopromoted if they were a doctor and no one was MD; was that removed? I haven't had it happen to me recently but I usually play staff assistant. I think it would be fine if that happened rarely on nonrev rounds, but forced if it's rev and not enough heads for pop. IMO 40 people should have full heads of staff or it's likely going to be a fast round

If forcing people into roles they don't want to play was decided as not good, maybe there could be secret loyalists if there aren't enough heads for current pop? Like, it picks a random person in the department without a head to be the person that NanoTrasen was considering promoting or something. They count for the Head objective role but aren't revealed until certain things happen, like them being revflashed or heads die or something. I'm not sure about that part. It would suck to be flashed and see, oh hey they have to kill me now.
What if in the absence of heads normal crew became targets?
I like the idea of random crewpeople being chosen as "secret heirs" to the heads. Course, giving them the needed things would be tricky. Maybe your PDA just zaps their ID with the right access?
I thought rev rounds already did this? I thought rev rounds couldnt happen without a full head team or something. Maybe it was something about the sec team. I forget
(08-04-2020, 03:47 AM)DJ-Fireball_did_this Wrote: What if in the absence of heads normal crew became targets?

Let's do this. I solves one of the biggest issues of this mode, and it fits thematically and mechanically.

Heads become the initial targets, then once they're gone it just picks 1-3 people as the next targets.

Maybe it's the Revs killing off people they see as traitors of the cause. Maybe you let it pick from current Revs too, and it's a purging.

The round should be over when the antags are dead, not player targets
(08-04-2020, 04:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: The round should be over when the antags are dead, not player targets

So what you're saying is this should be completely imbalanced in favor of the heads of staff?

Maybe depending on the pop depends on how many forced head roles there are just overall/in general for a round, but do not pre-designate any non-sec/non-command crew to be targets, because that just ruins the balance of this whole thing.
The problem with random crew suddenly getting access means they now shout over the radio that a rev round is definitely happening.

It could be something that happens once things get close to being out of control, and the rev heads would get an announcement among themselves indicating who else they need to kill at that time.
the problem with rev rounds is that they exist. this can be solved by making them not exist
(08-04-2020, 06:03 PM)Drago156 Wrote: the balance of this whole thing.
What balance?

When has Rev ever been balanced?
(08-05-2020, 08:38 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 06:03 PM)Drago156 Wrote: the balance of this whole thing.
What balance?

When has Rev ever been balanced?

Rev is certainly more balanced now than ever, any imbalances people complain about may be less an overall balance thing and more so a lack or overabundance of robust skill on one side or the other. In my experiences, I have seen both sides win an equal amount of times and seen a few close calls. Loyalty implants for the heads of staff are fun fact: NOT ACTUALLY NECESSARY. They're just incredibly helpful. That said, Cog 1 security carries a total of 13 implants to begin with, then the HoS, Captain, HoP, and CE all can access Cargo and order more as well as move station funds around as needed.

The overall idea is that the Heads of Staff are meant to be outnumbered at least 3 to 1, because where they lack numbers, they have equipment, experience, and access. Doing something like this would see the Heads of Staff win rate seriously drop, which certainly isn't required. If it really comes down to it as a Head of Staff, then go ahead and beat up the revs breaking down command's door, because they certainly intend to do the same to you.