Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mindslave ideas.
First off, I would like to say that I do like the mindslave implant. It should stay one of the more powerful and useful traitor items, as it gets more players involved, and it is a lot more fun traitoring when you are part of a team.

Having said that, I think at the moment it is way too much bang for your buck. 3 telecrystals gives you a very difficult to protect against attack, a long term ally, any items you want from that ally, while being very hard to detect to boot.

As for how it should be nerfed, there seems to me to be 3 different routes to go down:

Make it more expensive: This seems the easiest one to implement to me. I think it'd be sad if you couldn't assemble your A team of 4 (including yourself) to get up to shenanigans, though.

Make it harder to use: Possibly give it a bigger sprite so you can see it coming more easily or make it take time to implement (like using a syringe on someone else)

Make it less useful: Give sec, HOP and the captain the resistance implants again, give it a RNG percentage to fail, make mindslaves more quickly or more randomly revert.

I'm not completely happy with any of these nerfs, so Id love to read some more ideas to nerf the implant, but keep it fun.
Maybe if you failed the rng using the implant, the implanted person gets a weird psychological/genetic defect. For instance, it'd be hilarious if, instead of slaving them, they think they are a chicken and get a chicken accent (bok bok bok! Cockadoodle doo! etc.) That way itd be hilarious, cureable (in genetics, or maybe dissapears after a set amount of time) and also give the failed traitor time to make his getaway.
Mindslave implants are not an every-round thing. They are used pretty sparsely, and often to run some traitor gimmick that requires an helper.

At 3 tc, they already prevent you from getting the most powerful traitor stuff (no shotgun for you). But still you can get three slaves (and no items) when you need some heavy manpower.
Limbs repo squad and shit security team are stuff too funny to lose just because someone gets killed by a mindslave (shocker!) every once in a while.
The sprite is already screaming OBVIOUS in your face, so that's really not a way to go.

Making it time to implant someone would murder this item downright imho.

I could go for the resistance implants, but random failures or EVEN shorter duration are again, not a good thing.
Seems pretty fine the way it is.
The sprite is pretty tiny imo. My failure rate for implanting is incredibly low.
I definitely don't want to kill the item, just wondering if anyone could come up with a funny/cool/obvious way to balance the item a little more.

Quote:Making it time to implant someone would murder this item downright imho.

Yeah that's definitely a fear, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Quote:Limbs repo squad and shit security team are stuff too funny to lose just because someone gets killed by a mindslave (shocker!) every once in a while.

Definitely don't want to stop that! (assuming shit security team are mindslaves, heh.)
Please if this ever gets nerfed (hopefully not) do not make it take a while to implant. I do not want to have rounds cut short by "X IS TRYING TO SLAVE ME IN Y".

If it was to get nerfed you could possibly make it so the mind-slave has something like "Their eyes seem blank/ Their expression is hollow." When examined or possibly scanning them gives a message like "Foreign body detected" To counter-act any meta-gaming that could incur by people scanning everyone every 2 seconds you could make it so every implant (Tracking for example) gives the same message.

This means you can still give mind-slave implants a nerf but not one that stops people using it. It could also help people killing mind-slaves and instead cuffing and scanning them then trying to help them (That is if you can prevent the unstoppable street justice mob kicking their skull in).
Does it really need a nerf? It already gives a nice red message saying that X has been implanted by Y, and knocks the victim down. And it isn't permanent! If you get cornered alone by an antagonist, you're probably screwed anyway.

If you don't want to get mindslaved so easily, stay in a group!
maybe it should be less effective on HoS or sec cause dang I must see the HoS is a mindslave like 50% of rounds and the crew is usually much slower to catch onto the HoS being shit (eons of shit captains have given the crew a proper level of paranoia to their leader but HoS are not so regarded... yet)

not that I mind thrall HoS or HoS who get replaced by changelings but those take a bit of skill or investment, 3 TC is amazing low cost for all the benefits you get from a mindslaved HoS and most HoS players are all too happy to let themselves be turned so they get a chance to start massacring folks

the timer on mindslaves could run much shorter on them I guess, maybe 5-10 minutes instead of 20-40

get rid of :confused:

TheRedScare Wrote:When examined or possibly scanning them gives a message like "Foreign body detected" To counter-act any meta-gaming that could incur by people scanning everyone every 2 seconds you could make it so every implant (Tracking for example) gives the same message.

that'd also be pretty useful for figuring out if someone's got a bullet wound or a headspider in their throat or whatnot, though I just do unnecessary chest surgery on everyone anyway as a matter of malpractice
Yeah but most people won't have time to be scanned if they get spidered. Though bullets could be good.
How the hell do you not notice? You get stunned for some reason so you look over and see why, and in big red fucking letters it screams YOU'RE A MINDSLAVE, SHITHEAD
Quote:maybe it should be less effective on HoS or sec cause dang I must see the HoS is a mindslave like 50% of rounds and the crew is usually much slower to catch onto the HoS being shit

Yup I agree. And while I do enjoy getting to be a mindslave HOS, its a bit too easy to do imo.

Quote:the timer on mindslaves could run much shorter on them I guess, maybe 5-10 minutes instead of 20-40

My problem with this is that there is a good chance HOS will just be asked to suicide after giving away all their stuff.

Quote:If it was to get nerfed you could possibly make it so the mind-slave has something like "Their eyes seem blank/ Their expression is hollow." When examined or possibly scanning them gives a message like "Foreign body detected" To counter-act any meta-gaming that could incur by people scanning everyone every 2 seconds you could make it so every implant (Tracking for example) gives the same message.

I think these are pretty good suggestions! By making them identifiable, it'd weaken mindslaves (because people would catch onto them pretty quickly) but not directly weaken a traitor.

Im unsure if Id want mindslaves being easily unimplanted and ratting on the traitor, though.
I was already stunned by baton, and he implanted me while there was all sorts of other shit going on on screen. Ive also been implanted while dced, and there is no way to know (i think?) if you have been implanted, I had to ask an admin after the traitor told me I was one.

PS. Chill, bro.
PeacekeeperPete Wrote:
Quote:If it was to get nerfed you could possibly make it so the mind-slave has something like "Their eyes seem blank/ Their expression is hollow." When examined or possibly scanning them gives a message like "Foreign body detected" To counter-act any meta-gaming that could incur by people scanning everyone every 2 seconds you could make it so every implant (Tracking for example) gives the same message.

I think these are pretty good suggestions! By making them identifiable, it'd weaken mindslaves (because people would catch onto them pretty quickly) but not directly weaken a traitor.

Im unsure if Id want mindslaves being easily unimplanted and ratting on the traitor, though.

I never said they could be easily un-implanted. It means security could try to keep them detained until they turn. Also a good traitor could just say to the slave when he is arrested to kill himself. Also people will still beat the slave to death for screwing with them before security can do anything.