Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is it just me or is disarm intent useless now?
Years ago disarm used to be a useful attack option and I'd like it if that made a comeback. It had a high chance of disarming someone or shoving them to the ground so it was a peaceful-er attack option.  Now, you can shove someone a dozen times to no effect. Am I doing something wrong or is it basically completely useless for anything other than RP now?
It was changed to be stamina based. if your target has high stamina, the chance of a disarm is very low.

Maybe too low? I never see objects get disarmed without a 'shove to ground' happening. I feel like 'slap item out of hand without shoving' doesn't happen enough.
You know, I've kind of started using grab now as my go to alternative to harm. I figure I can use it to wrestle hold them and do a flip or choke.

I don't know if diarms success rate has changed, but I kinda think maybe what disarm does can be rethought

I never liked that you had a good chance to just knock someone's weapon out of their hand, shove them down, and murder them with said weapon.

Like, I feel like their should be a bit more of a strategy to disarms. Like if it took into account which angle of direction the attack came from in relation to the players sprite (Disarms having more of a chance on the left or right side of a sprite depending on hand being used, disarms from behind being stuns to the floor, front facing attacks spinning the enemies facing direction.)
also keep in mind that the disarm 'special attack' (distance click) does have a unique function to push the person away 1 tile with a shove-down chance roll. that is sort of useful in certain cases
I didn't know that was actually how it worked. I thought that there was just a chance of that on regular clicks. I'm definitely a fan of that though, I really like attacks that move people around or send em flying, but aren't guaranteed knockouts or stuns. Franks idea of disarm sending the object flying some distance instead of just dropping it is good as is raising the chance for successful disarms I think.
just relaying a suggestion i made in the discord : change the probabilities so "slap item out of hand" happens a bit more, and make it so when an item is slapped out of hand it can be thrown a few tiles in a random direction
(09-04-2018, 08:19 PM)mbc Wrote: just relaying a suggestion i made in the discord : change the probabilities so "slap item out of hand" happens a bit more, and make it so when an item is slapped out of hand it can be thrown a few tiles in a random direction

I love this suggestion.
I would like to say I like the stamina chance mechanic. Even with that, I feel like I can slap things out of peoples hands easily, I do it all the time. Just a week ago I did it to one of my officers for the usual "don't-run-around-with-your-baton-out" lesson.