Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
A mini escape shuttle, for when lots of people died, but the station is still fairly intact. Toss in a bunch of biomaterials and/or cash, and when it gets back to Centcom, gives some respawns to the ghosts.
I like it, good for longer round though a rule of "You remember nothing" would be good
(06-13-2018, 04:11 PM)Superlagg Wrote: A mini escape shuttle, for when lots of people died, but the station is still fairly intact. Toss in a bunch of biomaterials and/or cash, and when it gets back to Centcom, gives some respawns to the ghosts.

good
Mostly quality of life suggestion for recorders and people who save logs: put sending and receiving pda messages in the chat box, with it being toggleable in character creation if you want that and it defaulting to no
A second cloning setting, fast clone. It clones the person in 1/3 the time, has a cool-down time similar to the radio station or magnet with no override that takes as long as the cloning, but uses up more bio matter and sends you out with some brain damage. Also has a higher chance of going "wrong" (you know the messed up sprite, not quite your name etc) Basically a huge risk but if there's a really backed up que of people needing to be cloned early into the round it's better than everyone having to spectate another boring csaber rampage.
Accelerated cloning is already a "thing" via chem usage. Also, keep in mind that coming out "wrong" is now a nastier thing than before as genetics can't just flick you to normal.
Someone saying the name on your active ID card in chat highlights that text with a colored background

That way it's easier to notice someone talking to or about you while you're focused on something
i think it's pretty silly that the telesci manager is basically required for any serious, timely telescience use, and i think a game system relying on third party tools to be effective is proof of design problems

like, if you wanted to teleport the spare ID to you without tools, assuming you have your equation solved:

1. basically just guess where the captain's room is roughly, either using your own mental image of the station or the goonstation site maps
  2. play a game of trial and error with the camera over and over, and keep undershooting/overshooting your adjustments as you inch closer
  3. finally land on the id, teleport it to you
step 2 would take a considerable amount of time and is a massive hassle, and you have to do this every time you want to go to/take from a particular coordinate you haven't interacted with before (assuming youre recording them. need to call shuttle from captain's quarters and you didnt record the coordinates you used to nab the id? have fun doing it again, potentially dying from whatever hazard has you scrambling for the shuttle in the first place)

contrast to using the telesci manager where you just enter your data once after solving, and then pick whatever tile you want the corrected coords of and it automatically corrects it

this brings me to my suggestion: give the telenerds something similar to this in-game. Maybe some sort of simplified, color coded maps of the intial z levels, where a solid color pixel is indicative of the major tile in that location (walls, tables, airbridges, windows, doors, etc etc). This could then output the corrected coords of the tile you want (assuming you solved the equation correctly and put in the right variables!).

The fact theres a map at all makes getting a grasp of the general location you want to examine way, way easier, but the simplified nature of it means you wouldn't get every-item-on-table level precision like with mysha's manager. This means you wouldn't have to struggle to find captain's room for an extended amount of time, but depending on your own memory of the map you might miss the exact table tile youre wanting to teleport from and have to manually correct once or twice. Best of both worlds?
Make it it's own post, this is for tinier ideas
i put it here because i havent talked with any telenerds about it and rarely touch telescience myself because i hate juggling multiple apps so its pretty questionable

but yeah sure hold on

edit: thread
(06-14-2018, 12:09 PM)Sov Wrote: Someone saying the name on your active ID card in chat highlights that text with a colored background

That way it's easier to notice someone talking to or about you while you're focused on something

Click the cog in the upper-right of the chatbar, then choose "highlight string".
getting one of or both your arms removed while in cuffs should remove the effects of being cuffed

maybe if only one arm gets removed, you get clumsy until removing the cuffs or removing your other arm, since you would have a heavy-ass, dangling arm tethered to your usable one

obviously if both got removed the cuffs would go with them
(06-16-2018, 10:05 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: getting one of or both your arms removed while in cuffs should remove the effects of being cuffed

maybe if only one arm gets removed, you get clumsy until removing the cuffs or removing your other arm, since you would have a heavy-ass, dangling arm tethered to your usable one

obviously if both got removed the cuffs would go with them

I'm pretty sure that's how it is? Or maybe it's just if you're missing an arm you just can't get cuffs put on you.
It's the latter, i had it happen to me on ass day. In that round everyone was set to arrest by security buddies. I was arrested, and then a detomatrix blew one arm off. I then was still cuffed and had to resist out. Later arrests failed since i couldn't be cuffed with one arm.

It was that round that inspired the post, since i thought it was dumb i couldn't open doors and stuff with my arm realisticly being free
Allow the pool to be filled with money when empty.