Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Traitor Objective Think Tank
killing people is kinda lame, post yer ideas for evildoing here

also here's mine

Existing stuff changes

Traitor objectives which require killing someone could instead require that said person does not escape on the shuttle alive. Allows you to not have to entirely ruin someone's day. Potentially an alternate form that's specific to RP1 or low-mid-pop.

Ensure Monsieur Stirstir is alive and outside of the brig when the round ends.

A natural counterpart to Security's objective.
Ensure Monsieur Stirstir is alive and outside of the brig when the round ends.
That sounds pretty good. I would like more variety. If were talking about ideas for goon1, I'd like to see a Conspiracy objective like:

"Make sure ____ escapes on the shuttle alive after completing XXX"

Where ____ is a member of the conspiracy who has to do something like commit murder or blow up an area of the station and the rest of the members have to ensure he escapes unharmed.

It might be too complex, but I feel like it would lead to a lot of trials or prison breaks. Both of which are very fun IMO. It's also like my favorite round of ss13 ever, the Maintenance Dogs thing.
Framing someone else for a crime would be fun

Running a protection racket to extort departments

Causing someone to get fired or demoted
I think more admin influence in traitor things would be cool. All of the admin traitor rounds I've experienced are always super amazing.

But besides that, more objectives that would spark intrigue, or a mass event would be cool.
Get X to say Y, e.g. "Make 5 people say their pin number". You could also give everyone a note that contains their own randomized codeword. Lots of ideas could be built or padded with that. Not to mention rolling the codeword clowndown or butterfish is just fun.
(05-31-2018, 05:04 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Ensure Monsieur Stirstir is alive and outside of the brig when the round ends.

Ensure [random non-antagonist crewmember] is alive and on the shuttle when the round ends.
Does anyone have a list of all the tator objectives? I don't see one on the wiki. So not sure what of mine will have already been suggested but...
-'Ensure that the the [cloner/telepad/mining magnet/other device] is inactive at the round end.' Obviously the idea here is that the goal is to render some part of the station unusable. Presumably if the mechanics wind up making more than one, then the goal would apply to all of them, so you'd have to depower or destroy the additional instances, too.
You could, of course, split this into two different classes of objective, if you wanted. One with 'the syndicate wants to steal/reverse engineer it later, so only depower it, don't destroy it' and another that requires you specifically destroy the object(s) in question.
-Similarly, I'm not sure how robust (heh) whatever part of the code it is that checks if you completed your objectives or not, so I don't know if this is a gimmick objective or something the game can actually track; but could have objectives that require the tator destroy departments. This would require exploding or deconstructing most of the department/area in question. 'Ensure the destruction of genetics' or whatever. Not entire departments in the sense of research/engeneering/etc.
-Similar to the above, something involving sabotaging the engine? Maybe make that only for engie tators though, since it's perhaps a bit unreasonable to expect all players/traitors to have working knowledge of the beast that is the engine.

Basically my thoughts are to add more objectives that involve directly fucking with the station itself, rather than simply fucking with the crew.
More variety in traitor objectives would be very nice.

Though, there's already an traitor objective to kill Stirstir, and one to bring him alive and unharmed to Centcom.
(06-01-2018, 10:50 AM)Flourish Wrote: Though, there's already an traitor objective to kill Stirstir, and one to bring him alive and unharmed to Centcom.

I was thinking that, because there are already traitor objectives to kill stirstir or bring them to centcom, simply breaking them out of the brig should be a staff assistant objective.
Ensure the network radio is nonfunctional at the end of the round. (this could be as easy as blowing it up, or as counterintuitive as dropping the radio scrambler next to it)

Destroy the mainframe

Steal every databank tape from each department.
Die a modest death
Die a Mediocre death (Moderate time in crit without getting hit by a PC or gun)
traitor objectives based on job that require you to order certain traitor items might be neat but also annoying, such as:

"Gather at least 15 souls in the Faustian Bargain Kit for experimentation", for chaplain, for example.
"Steal the captain's hat and the HoS's beret."