Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMES Human protects from stun batons, but not tasers
How to reproduce: 

1. Go on a crime spree with SMES human
  2. Laugh at pathetic attempts to stun baton you.
  3. Get tasered.
  4. Have your shoes stolen while you're unconscious from the tasering.
I always thought SMES human was just supposed to protect you from getting zapped, so as to make it less of an eat-shit-security mutation.
(05-19-2018, 07:05 AM)Superlagg Wrote: I always thought SMES human was just supposed to protect you from getting zapped, so as to make it less of an eat-shit-security mutation.

It doesn't make any sense for one form of electric stun based weaponry to fail miserably while having another that operates on the same principle be completely unaffected.

Security has several underutilized weapons that don't rely upon electricity, so it's not like they're helpless against someone with SMES human.

It's really inconsistent for tasers to be able to penetrate the same SMES human defenses that let people shrug off arc-flashes that would vaporize a normal person.
As true as it is, I think it's for balance purposes. The only thing Sec has left without HoS help is a flash, which requires clicking on the person (handheld flash) or guessing where they're running (portable flash), and both of those are assuming you're not wearing sunglasses.

I guess there's also the flashbang but if anything that just makes you harder to bring down without a tazer.
it specifically says that it doesnt give you resistance to tazers
(05-19-2018, 01:03 PM)drWoof Wrote: it specifically says that it doesnt give you resistance to tazers

Wait, it does? Where?
(05-19-2018, 01:16 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 01:03 PM)drWoof Wrote: it specifically says that it doesnt give you resistance to tazers

Wait, it does? Where?

"You are protected from electrical energy. Useful when the AI is shocking everything or a malicious Engineer has hotwired the engine and you are lacking insulated gloves. You will also resist shocks from stun batons, but not the more concentrated electric bursts of energy guns and tasers. On the flip side however, this includes defibrillators."

Source
(05-19-2018, 06:47 PM)Technature Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 01:16 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

Wait, it does? Where?

"You are protected from electrical energy. Useful when the AI is shocking everything or a malicious Engineer has hotwired the engine and you are lacking insulated gloves. You will also resist shocks from stun batons, but not the more concentrated electric bursts of energy guns and tasers. On the flip side however, this includes defibrillators."

Source

I was under the assumption it was indicated in-game somewhere.

But yeah, if this is a feature, I guess move it to ideas and suggestions.
has been the case as far as i remember