Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do we make Space Bucks more fun? (Formerly Antag Tokens for Space Bucks)
(01-24-2018, 03:56 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Surviving with your spacebucks item should give you the cost of the item back.
I like this. If you start as limbless, you might not want to start limbless next round, so keeping the item is kinda shitty. But a refund can be spend to the players finest insight!
You could even get a bit more than what you spent, a percentage of the item cost as a reward for surviving the round and escaping with your item, whether it is a crayon or you being limbless.
space bux should be totally cosmetic and not something that can have any impact on the round THAT'S THE POINT OF THEM
i said EXORBITANT but fine

add the other mutant races though i wanna be franz the cockroach person
the higher change antag thing would require a recode of the entire system
$pacebux to buy a hint about some secret!
Spacebux tradeable / sendable on PDA.

Paypal for spessmen
I personally want to hear what direction shotgunbill wants spacebux to go and then build feedback around his idea for it. I mean all I can think to add to it is outfits with no RNG meaning I know what outfit and what color I am getting.
(01-27-2018, 04:28 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Spacebux tradeable / sendable on PDA.

Paypal for spessmen

I kind of like this. I feel like it would have some potential as a way to reward people who do stuff for you. Like, someone helps you learn telesci or something? Send them some spacebux as thanks. A borg fetches something for you? Wire them some spacebux. We'd probably have to have a rule against forcing synthetics to wire you spacebux though.
(01-26-2018, 04:00 AM)poland spring Wrote: let us buy beneficial mutations such as heat resistance for exorbitant amounts of spacebux

This. I wanna get that force push power and a toy C sword at the same time.
Gambling with it would be fun. Like if we could place wagers on whether or not people would survive a round, with Goonhub keeping track of odds for players.

Another idea: Buying items for other players. Especially ones like limbless
Definitely no things that give gameplay advantages like mutations.
Let us unlock special costumes, similar to the the type of items you get for earning some medals. Perhaps it would be a round-unlock or permanent, I'm unsure.
Neutral Mutations only, ones that don't give you anything useful but are still fun to have (I would use my antag token in a heart beat if I could buy a bee mutation, forget what it's called (not the one with sugar that doesn't work), so I could stage a bee uprising against the human menace by forcing all my victims into genetics and making them into bee men)
(01-31-2018, 06:03 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Neutral Mutations only, ones that don't give you anything useful but are still fun to have (I would use my antag token in a heart beat if I could buy a bee mutation, forget what it's called (not the one with sugar that doesn't work), so I could stage a bee uprising against the human menace by forcing all my victims into genetics and making them into bee men)

They would have to be purely cosmetic mutations like the mutant races, the ones that effect speech, or silly stuff like ink glands. Or the genetics only hairstlyes.
Also a reminder that 24-7 lizard revolution mode was one of the reasons lizards were removed as trait options. Geneticists turning everyone into shitty bill is bad enough as it is.

The glucose mutation stops you going into hyperglycemic shock when you eat too much sugar by converting it into honey.