Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do we make Space Bucks more fun? (Formerly Antag Tokens for Space Bucks)
I never really use Space Bucks, not many good things in there, even if roleplaying. Antag Tokens are a sacred item only held by a precious few who never use them because you might regret it later

Why not make Antag Tokens available on the Space Bucks Market thingy for a price of around 50k space bucks so you'd have to earn a lot of cash to get them. Would make them less of a "Holy Item" and more of a tool for people with good antag ideas or who've been screwed over by RNesus.

Cancel the thread, found out Space Bucks aren't compatible with em or somethin
Eh, honestly don't like the idea of ever getting antag tokens as anything other than something given out for screwed up rounds due to admin shenanigans or bugs.

Idea of everyone playing just to be the bad guy seems like a quick ticket to a toxic playerbase.

I would be down for spacebux being spent to increase the chance for being a certain type of antag if you're picked for that
they didn't even want to put meat cubes in space bux, no way they're going to put antag tokens in there
Time to re purpose the thread, ill change the title and we can try and make Space Bucks more fun to use

I propose the idea of space bucks having a conversion rate to credits as a part of it, would be useful for someone looking to play a QM based roll.
I'll get the ball rolling.

What about being able to convert space bux into 'life savings'?

This would give bonus credits to your initial starting amount. Throw a limit and exchange rate on it and boom! You can save up to buy more expensive items from merchants and what not a little bit easier. Letting players make (only) withdrawals during a game isn't out of the question either as theoretically everyone has the same advantage to gain from it.
(01-23-2018, 04:50 PM)Tombi Wrote: I'll get the ball rolling.

What about being able to convert space bux into 'life savings'?

This would give bonus credits to your initial starting amount. Throw a limit and exchange rate on it and boom! You can save up to buy more expensive items from merchants and what not a little bit easier. Letting players make (only) withdrawals during a game isn't out of the question either as theoretically everyone has the same advantage to gain from it.

This is why we need an upvote feature on the forums
I want to be able to buy prizes from the arcade with my spacebux.
I started using my spacebux recently, mostly to rainbow paint an Engineering helmet. I enjoy having a item that is unique because it is mine and I made it so. So that people can go: "There goes 'The Grim Sleeper' again, with his blue Engineering helmet." or "Grim must be on today, playing a scientist, he crayoned his spawn point".
my chief complaint has been and will always be that items are simply too expensive. i'd rather buy it for good rather than just having to grind forever to have a chance at having it for a few consecutive rounds
Surviving with your spacebucks item should give you the cost of the item back.

For instance if I survive and escape with a crayon (50 space bux) I get my round earnings say 193 + 50 for surviving and escaping with said item.

Kind of like betting at the start of the round if you're going to survive or not.
would be cool to be able to buy random non-hostile critters as pets, giving you something to protect for the round and bring with you onto the shuttle in order to keep it for the next round
(01-24-2018, 03:56 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Surviving with your spacebucks item should give you the cost of the item back.

For instance if I survive and escape with a crayon (50 space bux) I get my round earnings say 193 + 50 for surviving and escaping with said item.

Kind of like betting at the start of the round if you're going to survive or not.

So like

If you pick Limbless, you're betting ludicrous money against hilarious odds?

I'm in.
general consensus on antag token stuff is that any way for people to earn them without direct admin oversight is probably going to be abused and farmed. if you just play often you can get loads of tokens over time. although on the other side of the argument, we could cap it to like one a month or something
Spacebux Loot box

A box that you spawn with that could contain some high value items, or contain worthless novelty crap.

Ultra Rare: Absurd amounts of cash, or a rare telsci only item.

Rare: Gold tinted things/glittery versions of normal items (also gimmick items like the monkey wrench and moon shoes)

Not Rare: Assorted items found around the station, such as a screwdriver or brute patch.
let us buy beneficial mutations such as heat resistance for exorbitant amounts of spacebux